An Intensive 5-day Training Course
A Lean Fundamentals Program
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
It is no coincidence that the organisations recognised world wide as being the most successful strategically and who have been able to develop sustainable long-term sources of competitive advantage, are also the ones who embrace business and operational excellence as an important organisational value.
The lean is one of the pre-eminent business excellence and improvement methodologies currently used by leading organisations across a broad range of industries.
Lean is the embodiment of Toyota’s Production System principles. It is an operational management and improvement practice that considers the expenditure of resources for any goal other than the creation of value for the end customer to be wasteful and thus a target for elimination.
The objectives of this program are to give participants a broad understanding and working knowledge of the key philosophies, concepts, principles, tools and techniques of Lean including Just-In-Time, Kaizen, Waste reduction, and the A3 Practical Problem Solving Process for achieving and maintaining operational and business excellence in their organisations.
This Lean Thinking training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Assess their operations and overall business to identify sources of waste and opportunities for improvement;
- Apply Lean operational principles such and JIT, 5S, Poke Yoke, Jidoka, Standardised Work and Heikunka to optimise operations, improve operational efficiencies and business performance;
- Apply Lean continuous improvement concepts such as 7 Wastes analysis, Kaikaku, Kaizen and the A3 Practical Problem Solving Process to drive improvement through problem solving, process improvement and process reengineering;
- Implement Lean concepts, tools and techniques in their organisations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Lean Thinking training course introduces participants to methods, concepts and improvement techniques that can be applied to private sector and public sector organisations with equal effectiveness. The skills and knowledge acquired in this program are "generic" in nature and just as applicable to manufacturing, process or service industries.
Therefore, this program will benefit senior executives, managers, professionals, team leaders and operational employees. That is, people working at levels of any type of organisation - public sector or private sector, manufacturing, process or services.
Obviously, the more senior level managers are likely to be able to have greater impact when they apply these concepts to their specific context.
The Lean Thinking training course will be intensive and use a mix of learning methods.
Participants will be introduced to certain concepts, techniques or issues through formal lecture presentations. It is expected that lecture presentations will be interwoven with questions, comments and discussion initiated by participants.
Management games, simulations, group work, individual work, case studies, videos and presentations will be used to provide opportunities to reinforce concepts and practice techniques or skills.
The Lean Thinking training course covers essential knowledge and skills including how to:
- Conduct a waste analysis and Gemba walk;
- Apply the 4 rules of TPS to assess a workplace;
- Apply the A3 Practical Problem process as a Kaizen tool to solve problems;
- Construct a Value Stream Map and carry out Kaikaku;
- Measure, understand and manage variation in processes;
- Construct a lean measurement scorecard for your processes;
- Develop standardised work documents;
- Conduct a 5-S exercise;
- Implement Visual Management in the workplace;
- Develop poke yoke devices;
- Implement Just-in-Time and Kanban systems;
- Implement Total Productive Maintenance;
- Develop a process management and control systems.
Day 1 – Introduction and Foundation Concepts
- Introduction to Lean Thinking
- Process Thinking
- The Cost of Quality
- Process Complexity
Day 2 – Lean Work Flow and Performance Measures
- Lean Work Flow Concepts
- The Dice Game Simulation
- Measuring and Managing Variation
- The Funnel Experiment
- Introduction to Statistical Process Control
- Lean Performance Measures
Day 3 – Continuous Improvement Methods
- The 7 Wastes (Muda), Mura and Muri Analysis
- Quick Change Over/SMED
- The A3 Practical Problem Solving Process
- Value Stream Mapping
Day 4 – Lean Principles and Practices
- The 4 Rules of the Toyota Production System
- 5 S
- Standardised Work
- Visual Management
- Poke Yoke
Day 5 – Lean Operations
- Just-in-Time Manufacturing concept
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Process Management and Control System
- Manufacturing Implementation Issues
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.