- Contract Management for Non-Contract Professionals 16 - 20 May 2021
- LV, MV and HV Circuit Breakers 16 - 20 May 2021
- The 10-day Contract & Project Management Skills for Non-Professionals 16 - 27 May 2021
- Oil & Gas Operational Safety 16 - 20 May 2021
- Financial Analysis: Evaluation, Budgeting & Decision Making 16 - 20 May 2021
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and Operational Excellence 16 - 20 May 2021
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planning 16 - 20 May 2021
- Process Plant Start-up and Commissioning 16 - 20 May 2021
- Process Plant Start-up, Commissioning and Troubleshooting 16 - 27 May 2021
- Emotional Intelligence: EQ for Innovative Leadership and Corporate Teamwork 16 - 20 May 2021
- Healthcare Operations: Cost Control & Productivity Management 16 - 20 May 2021
- e-HR: Latest Trends and Applications 16 - 20 May 2021
- Integrated Reservoir Analysis: Concepts, Methodology & Importance 16 - 20 May 2021
- Leadership Development for Engineers 16 - 20 May 2021
- Leadership & Crisis Management in Emergency Situations 16 - 20 May 2021
- Advanced Presentation Skills 16 - 20 May 2021
- Petroleum Production Operations 17 - 21 May 2021
- Construction Administration for Engineers 17 - 21 May 2021
- The 5-day Contract Professional MBA 17 - 21 May 2021
- Ship Chartering, Laytime & Demurrage Masterclass 17 - 21 May 2021
An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Piping Material Selection & Rating Classification
13 - 17 Jun 2021
US $ 4,950
Compared with other forms of transport, pipelines allow a more continuous, stable, and high-capacity supply of hydrocarbons to reach end-users. Pipeline transportation has the advantages of being well established, efficient, cost-effective, and readily expandable.
The products carried in liquid pipelines include a wide range of materials. Process fluid systems gather production from onshore and offshore fields, while transmission lines transport them to terminals, interconnection points, and refineries.
Materials selection plays an important role in piping systems. It is crucial to select a piping material that can cope with a variety of applications and damage mechanisms including corrosion, high/low temperatures, constant and cyclic loads, etc. Pipe inspection also plays an important role, making sure that optimal materials requirements are adhered to.
This EuroMaTech training course will combine the various disciplines of pipeline engineering, including design, structural integrity, hydraulic considerations, materials types and selection, inspection and maintenance as well as the applications of relevant codes such as ASME B31.3 and API 570.
This seminar will highlight:
- Main aspects of pipeline design and manufacturing considerations
- Knowledge of the governing principles, related to materials testing
- Relevant structural integrity, pipe failure and corrosion principles
- Main Types of pipeline materials and selection
- Relevant pipe inspection and maintenance techniques
At the end of this seminar, the participants will,
- Develop deep understanding & familiarity basic principles of pipeline design for various industrial applications.
- Be familiar with the practical aspects of structural integrity, related to pipeline operation
- Have a knowledge of the various types structural and corrosion failure in relation to process pipes
- Have the necessary knowledge about pipeline materials and selection
- Understand aspects of pipe inspection and maintenance practices
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Process engineers
- Chemical engineers
- Mechanical and structural engineers
- Operation personnel
- Engineers and consultants dealing with planning of new production lines and retrofitting plants
The course will be conducted along workshop principles with formal lectures and interactive worked examples included in several workshops. The emphasis in the course will be on the explanation of all technical phenomena and providing answers to problems that are encountered in everyday industrial practice related to the design and materials selection of pipeline systems.
Each learning point will be reinforced with practical examples. Computer simulations and videos will be used to illustrate the main aspects of the course. Delegates will receive electronic versions of the course material together with relevant computer simulations and videos.
There will be ample opportunities for active discussion and sharing professional experiences and exchange that will help solidify the gained knowledge.
The seminar will allow participants to:
- Have a sound understanding of the properties and applications of materials with particular emphases on the oil and gas industries
- Have a good knowledge, understanding and be able to select major types of engineering metals, including, carbon steels, alloy steels, stainless steels, cast irons, titanium and nickel-based alloys
- Be able to select heat treatment processes and mechanical strengthening techniques for metals, in order to optimise their use in a variety of engineering applications
- Appreciate the selection of non-metals, including polymers that are used for corrosion protection coatings and liners.
- Have a working knowledge of;
- Corrosion issues
- Various types of corrosion
- Good appreciation of material selection as a method of corrosion control and mitigation
- Explain the mechanisms behind corrosion resistant materials
- Be able to evaluate the performance and the selection of materials, coatings and inhibitors for various situations involving corrosion
- Have a working knowledge and selection of materials for major failure and degradation mechanisms, including different types of stress, fracture, fatigue and elevated temperature conditions.
- Be knowledgeable in Non-Destructive Techniques (NDT)
Day 1 : Overview of Pipelines and Materials Testing
- Overview of main elements of oil and gas pipelines and systems
- Types of Metallic pipes and main manufacturing techniques, seamless, continuous welded, etc.
- Flanges and Gaskets
- Mechanical Test Requirements
- Tensile testing
- Charpy Impact test
- Hardness testing
Day 2 : Pipeline Materials and Requirements
- Ferrous alloys - Classification of carbon steels, Low-Carbon Steels, Medium-Carbon Steels, High- Carbon and tool Steels, Alloy Steels
- Micro-structure of carbon steel
- Alloying selection
- Heat treatment of steel, hardening of carbon steel (by quenching), annealing, hot working, service temperature
- Stainless Steel, Ferritic, Austenitic, Martensitic, Duplex Stainless Steel, full stainless steel technical data
- Cast Irons – types and selection.
- Nickel based alloys, selection for corrosion and elevated service temperature
- Titanium alloys - types of titanium alloys (α, β and αβ) and selection of titanium alloys for corrosion resistance
Day 3 : Mechanical Design Considerations
- Temperature variations expansion loops and expansion joints
- Stress analysis examples, thermal expansion
- Maximum allowable pressure and wall thickness calculations and corrosion allowance
- Welding types and requirements
- Heat Affected Zone (HAZ)
- Alternative materials, Glass Fibre Reinforced (GRP), Polyethylene pipes, etc.
- ASME B31 and materials related considerations
Day 4 : Failure Mechanisms, Corrosion Damage and Corrosion Mitigation
- Cyclic loading (Fatigue) damage of piping materials
- High temperature (Creep) failure of piping materials
- Corrosion principles and Electrochemical cell
- Types corrosion, uniform, bimetallic, hydrogen induced, erosion-corrosion, etc.
- Materials selection examples
- Cathodic Protection
Day 5 : Pipeline Maintenance and Inspection
- Pigging methods for cleaning
- Pigging Inspection
- Inspection (NDT) techniques, x-ray, ultrasonic, holiday detection, etc.
- Pipe repairs
- Overview of API 570 Pipe Inspection Code
Do you wish
on this course?
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars
Do you want to see
Visit our program finder
Want this Seminar for
Please let you know if you wish to conduct this seminar on an in-house basisGet a proposal