An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: KHDA,
|21 - 25 Aug 2023||Dubai - UAE||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|22 - 26 Oct 2023||Doha - Qatar||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|24 - 28 Dec 2023||Bahrain||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|19 - 23 Feb 2024||London - UK||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|19 - 23 Aug 2024||Dubai - UAE||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|20 - 24 Oct 2024||Doha - Qatar||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
|22 - 26 Dec 2024||Bahrain||US $ 5950||Enroll now|
Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) is used for the detection of surface and near-surface discontinuities in ferromagnetic materials and is primarily used for crack detection. MT is one of the most commonly used methods of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT). The specimen is magnetized either locally or overall, and if the material is sound the magnetic flux is predominantly inside the material. If, however, there is a surface-breaking flaw, the magnetic field is distorted, causing local magnetic flux leakage around the flaw. This leakage flux is displayed by covering the surface with very fine iron particles applied either dry or suspended in a liquid. The particles accumulate at the regions of flux leakage, producing a build-up which can be seen visually even when the crack opening is very narrow. Thus, a crack is indicated as a line of iron powder particles on the surface.
This EuroMaTech Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) training course covers the principles of Magnetic Particle Testing and prepares a candidate to:
- Select equipment to conduct test
- Setup test equipment
- Steps to conduct test
- Familiarize with codes and standards
- Interpret results with respect to applicable codes and standards
- Understand limitation of the test method
- Write test reports.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- NDT Examiners
- Welding inspectors
- NDT Engineers
- Mechanical inspection Engineers
- Piping inspectors
This EuroMaTech Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) training course course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies.
This EuroMaTech Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) training course contains Level 1 and 2 material and covers the theories and practices involved with MT. Equipment, light meters, code & procedure reference, types, forms, and methods are discussed.
Day 1 - Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) - Theoretical
- Magnetic field, Lines of force, Flux density
- Permeability, Reluctance, Retentivity, Residual Magnetism and Coercive Force
- Diamagnetic, Paramagnetic and Ferromagnetic materials
- Leakage flux
- Fleming’s Right Hand and Left Hand Rule
- Magnetic Fields: Circular, Longitudinal
- Hysteresis Curve
- Types of current AC, DC, HWDC
Day 2 - Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) - Theoretical
- Circular field: Head Shot (Direct Contact), Prods and Central Conductor
- Techniques, Offset Central Conductor
- Advantages and disadvantages of circular field
- Longitudinal field: Coils and Yoke
- Advantages and disadvantages of Longitudinal Field
- AC and DC Field Distribution in a Magnetic and a Nonmagnetic Conductor
- Equipment consideration
- Wet Horizontal, Mobile and Portable Equipment
Day 3 - Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) - Theoretical
- Fluorescent testing, Black Light
- Light meter
- Dry and Wet method
- Methods of Application
- Magnetic Particle Inspection of Solid Cylindrical Parts, Gears, Multiple diameter Articles, Discs, Hollow Cylindrical Articles
- Verification of magnetic fields
- Checking the adequacy of field using the Pie gauge, shims
- Fluorescent Inspection
Day 4 - Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Minimum intensity and light meter
- Minimum light intensity and light meter
- Interpretation including Relevant, False, Non-relevant indications
- MT Inspection Procedures
Day 5 - Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- ASME Section V Article 7: Magnetic Particle Examination3
- ASME Section VIII (Accept/Reject Criteria
- MT Yoke: Dry Visible, Wet Visible, Wet Fluorescent
- Training on Weld flaw samples
CALL ME BACK
Thanks for completing the form. Our training solutions specialist shall be in touch with you shortly
You need to accept the terms & conditions in order to proceed ahead.
Invalid email format.
All the fields are required!
An error occurred. Please try again later.
Do you have any questions about this course?ENQUIRE
PRINT THIS PAGE
SEND VIA EMAIL
Do you wish for us to conduct this course at your premises?
Request for In-house
Discover In-House Solutions
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.