An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Penetrant Testing Inspection utilizes the property of capillary action to find surface breaking discontinuities in a variety of materials. It is one of the most economical Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) methods. A (penetrant) is applied to the surface of a test piece. Liquid Penetrant Inspection uses this capillary action to allow the penetrant to enter into fissures and voids that are open to the surface. After a dwelling time, the excess penetrant is removed, any remaining penetrant in the voids will flow back out exposing the indication. There are a variety of techniques included in liquid penetrant testing available depending on the type of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) inspection and the kind of flaws a technician is aiming to find.
This EuroMaTech Penetrant Testing (PT) training course covers the principles of Liquid Penetrant Testing and prepares a candidate to:
- Select equipment to conduct test
- Setup test equipment
- Steps to conduct test
- Familiarize with codes and standards
- Interpret results with respect to applicable codes and standards
- Understand limitation of the test method
- Write test reports
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- NDT Examiners
- Welding inspectors
- NDT Engineers
- Mechanical inspection Engineers
- Piping inspectors
This EuroMaTech Penetrant Testing (PT) training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities, and case studies.
This EuroMaTech Penetrant Testing (PT) training course contains Level 1 and 2 material and covers the theories and practices involved with liquid penetrant inspection. Equipment, light meters, code & procedure reference, types, forms, and methods are discussed.
Day 1 - Dye penetrant test (PT)
- Purpose of Liquid Penetrant Testing
- Physical Principles
- Wetting Ability and Contact Angle
- Capillary Action
- Reversed Capillary Action
- Types of Dye: Type I (Fluorescent) and Type II (Visible)
- Methods of Removal of excess Penetrant including Water Washable, Emulsifiers and Solvent Removable.
Day 2 - Dye penetrant test (PT)
- BASIC STEPS
- Method A - Water Washable
- Method B - Lipophilic Emulsifier
- Method C - Solvent Removable
- Method D - Hydrophilic Emulsifier
- Choice of Cleaning Method
- Different Cleaning Methods including
- Selection of Penetrant Materials
Day 3 - Dye penetrant test (PT)
- Application of Penetrant
- Standard Temperature Limits
- Dwell time
- Application of Developers
- Types of Developers
- Developing Time
Day 4 - Dye penetrant test (PT)
- Fluorescent Inspection
- Minimum intensity and light meter
- Visual Adaptation
- Visual Inspection
- Minimum light intensity and light meter
- Post Cleaning
- Limitation of Penetrant Testing
Day 5 - Dye penetrant test (PT)
- ASME Section V, Article 6
- ASME Section VIII, Appendix 8 (Accept/Reject Criteria) Standards
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.