An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Radiographic Testing (RT)
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Industrial Radiographic Testing (RT) is a non-destructive method that is used to examine components and structures using x-rays or gamma rays in order detect internal discontinuities and flaws or to confirm structural integrity.
Radiographic Testing (RT) consists of a sensitive radiographic film being placed under a weld or casting. The Component is then exposed to ionizing radiation either X-rays or Gamma rays. This radiation will pass through the component and expose the film beneath it, leading to what is known as the latent image on the film. This image is not a permanent image, and no noticeable change will be seen until development when it becomes a permanent fixed image. Discontinuities such as cracks or lack of fusion within the component can affect the exposure of the film. Most materials can be tested by Radiographic inspection, e.g., Ferritic and non-ferritic materials and both welds, castings and often composites are viewed too. Radiographic testing provides a permanent record and provides a high sensitivity of testing.
This EuroMaTech Radiographic Testing (RT) training course covers the principles of Radiographic Testing (RT) and prepares a candidate to:
- Select equipment to conduct test
- Setup test equipment
- Steps to conduct test
- Familiarize with codes and standards
- Interpret results with respect to applicable codes and standards
- Understand limitation of the test method
- Write test reports.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- NDT Examiners
- Welding inspectors
- NDT Engineers
- Mechanical inspection Engineers
- Piping inspectors
This EuroMaTech Radiographic Testing (RT) course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies.
The EuroMaTech Radiographic Testing (RT) course will teach the student the theory and principles of radiation and how they apply to the basics of radiography. The course is intended to provide through grounding in the principle of Radiographic Testing (RT) and fundamentals of material and process such that the trainee would be able to
- Identify suitability of RT for the material and inspection technique
- Develop techniques and procedures that can be followed by a Level I operator
- Analyse the test result and document the same
- Be familiar with codes, standards and specifications for RT to evaluate results of the tests
Day 1 - Radiography Testing (RT)
- Theory of radiography
- Radiographic Sensitivity
- Radiographic Contrast
- Film Graininess
- Image Quality Indicators (IQI)
Day 2 - Radiography Testing (RT)
- Radiographic techniques
- Acceptable Densities
- Film Viewing Considerations
- Indications: Relevant and Non-Relevant
- Dark Room Facilities
- Facilities and Equipment
- Film Loading
Day 3 - Radiography Testing (RT)
- Protection of radiographic
- Processing of Film – manual
- Film Artefacts
- Unsatisfactory Radiographs: Weldments and Castings
- Welding Discontinuities
- Casting Discontinuities
Day 4 - Radiography Testing (RT)
- ASME V, Article 2
- Sensitivity, Geometrical Unsharpness and Density requirements
- ASME V Table T-276
- ASME VIII acceptance criteria
Day 5 - Radiography Testing (RT)
- Technique Selection
- Penetrameter Requirements
- Location marker and IQI Placement
- Simulation of RT Shot
- Film Density Measurements
- Identification of Defects
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.