An Intensive 3-day Training Course
Task Risk Assessment
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 3 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
EuroMaTech’s Task Risk Assessment training course provides delegates with a proven task risk assessment model that is based on good practices designed to be practical and easy to use.
The objective of Task Risk Assessment is to keep personnel safe and free from injury, prevent loss of production and damage to equipment and the environment; basically prevent incidents and maintain profits.
Task Risk Assessment is an evaluation of the hazards that are present whilst performing a task and the best way to mitigate the risks.
Task Risk Assessment is the modern proactive approach to incident prevention. Whatever mitigation measures are put in place there will always remain a level of residual risk. In order to undertake a Task Risk Assessment it is necessary to have the knowledge of what hazards exist and how the risk from these hazards can be minimized. This course will feature:
- Hazard identification
- Risk assessment
- Prevention measures & control measures
- Common hazards in a workplace
- Task Risk Assessment
By the end of this EuroMaTech online training course , delegates will be able to:
- Perform Task Risk Assessments
- Understand the difference between Hazard and Risk
- Understand the Risk Mitigation process
- Appreciate what are the consequences of common hazards
- Realize that hazards remain but risks can be reduced
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Personnel involved in developing TRA
- Professionals with responsibilities for health and safety management and supervision
- Production, process, maintenance, and HSE personnel
- Those involved in risk assessment and risk management
Delegates attending this EuroMaTech Task Risk Assessment training course will learn through the application of online methodologies, including; Presentations, Exercises, Group discussions and Video presentations.
This Task Risk Assessment training course aims to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of Task Risk Assessment and to apply the skills learnt in a practical manner. The objective is not to eliminate hazards (this may be impossible) but to reduce the risk to an acceptable level. This can only be achieved when the hazards and the consequences from a hazardous event are clearly understood.
Day 1: Legal requirements, responsibilities & Task Risk Assessment
- The Legal requirements
- Risk assessment process
- Risk Control Model
- When is a TRA necessary?
- Define Parameters of the Task
- Identify and form the TRA Team
Day 2: Task Risk Assessment Process, Consequences and Controls
- Review of Day 1
- Step-by-Step Task risk assessment process
- Documentation of the task
- Stop the Job
- Risk Mitigation
- Principles of control and prevention
- Hierarchy of Risk Control
- Who needs to know?
- Hazard and Consequences
- Chemical Hazards
- Biological Hazards
- Psychological Hazards
Day 3: TRA & Task Hazards, Consequences and Controls
- Review of Day 2
- Hazard and Consequences
- Physical – noise, vibration, temperature, mechanical and non-mechanical hazards, people and vehicles, working at height, radiation, manual handling, electricity, fire, excavations etc.
- Case Study – Hot Work
- Video and TRA exercise
- Monitoring the capabilities of the work team
- Permit To Work Systems
- Task Risk Assessment & Good Practice in Confined Space Entry
- Case Study – Confined Space Entry –
- Video & TRA Exercise
- Course review
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.