An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Promoting Sustainable Waste Management Solutions
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Effective management of wastes and environmental risks is critical for the reduction of costs and prevention of harm to humans. In this programme, you will learn how to:
- Enhance your leadership and management skills
- Extend those skills into the domain of environmental and waste issues
- Balance the roles of an effective manager and use management systems to control tasks
- Use environmental issues to motivate and coach your people for improved efficiency and performance
- Delegate the workload effectively and efficiently
- Be aware of the principal national and international background issues relating to the environment management in the oil and gas industry
- Have formed a considered view on the significance of waste management environmental issues for the industry
- Be aware of the effects of the principal relevant environmental legislation and sustainable development policy affecting the industry and how to interpret changing legislation into practical responses
- Have considered the key means by which the industry can begin to enhance performance through environmental efficiency
- Have considered the competitive advantage that might be brought through giving attention to environmental management
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Newly appointed managers, supervisors and team leaders
- New members of the management team
- Those managers/supervisors who have been in their position for less than a year, or are about to be promoted to their first managerial/supervisory position
- Health and safety or quality managers with a new portfolio of environmental, sustainable development or waste management
- Environmental advisors or scientists who wish to progress to management level
Participants will learn by active participation during the programme through the use of exercises, questionnaires, syndicate and group discussion, training videos and discussions on "real life" issues in their organisations. The programme is hinged around a real case study from an entirely different industry sector to provide a testing environment that develops real investigative and problem solving skills. This is supported by plenary sessions demonstrating how the issues presented translate into the oil and gas sector.
The programme covers all the essential skills needed by newly appointed environment or sustainable development managers/supervisors. There will be discussions on the transition from a staff to a managerial position and the obstacles to a successful evolution. The programme will concentrate on the skills required to lead staff, motivate staff, communicate with staff and manage the outcomes expected by higher management within the organisation. All participants will return to their organisations with a developed Action Plan to implement their learning from the programme into their daily routine at work.
DAY 1 : Sustainable business thinking
- What is Waste, Environment Protection and Resource Sustainability
- Benefits of Good Waste and Environmental Management
- Overview of Climate Change Impacts and Sustainability Issues on companies
- Why is it important to build waste management issues into business processes?
- Key Elements of an Environmental Management System
- Overview of Environmental Management Standard ISO 14001:2015
- Selecting Environmental Management Leadership and Implementation Team
DAY 2 : Legislation, policy and models for action
- Overview of waste management international law, codes of practice and guidance
- How and why do environmental and social issues impact on the industry?
- What and how does national legislation and global policies affect industry?
- How do I keep track of changing waste management legislation and policy?
- How does economic instruments affect profitability?
- Key steps develping a management system that controls environmental issues
DAY 3 : Tools for the assessment and interpretation of environmental and social performance
- Understanding Environmental Aspects and Impacts
- How to Determine Significant Environmental Aspects
- How is environmental audit carried out and how does it differ from a waste audit
- Types of General and Hazardous Waste Streams
- Conducting a Practical Waste Stream Audit
- Carrying out a Pollution Prevention Opportunity Assessment (PPOA)
DAY 4 : Managing waste and energy to improve efficiency
- Waste Reduction Using ‘Reduce-Reuse-Recycle’ Techniques
- Managing Hazardous and Special Waste
- Developing an Environmental Management Program and Procedures
- Integrated Waste and Environmental Management
- Role of energy efficiency management and renewable energy options?
- Role of improved waste management in achieving competitive advantage?
- How does the oil and gas industry addresses some of these issues
DAY 5 : Management and reporting systems
- Key elements of environmental management reporting system?
- Benefits of management systems employed to improve business efficiency,
- Ensuring compliance with Environmental Obligations and social challenges
- What are the structure and controls mechanisms within management systems?
- How are social, environmental and ethical issues communicated to stakeholders?
- Key Point Summary of Course Topics
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.