There are many hazardous fluids & gases present or generated in oil & gas plants or refinery units. These fluids & gases can be flammable or inflammable in nature and can cause fire. To prevent fire from happening, the facility is to be protected with some fire protection system that is provided based on the hazardous nature of the fluids & gases in order to prevent a catastrophic loss of people, facilities and equipment. Firefighting system design in plants are essential to provide and enhance firefighters to deal more effectively with fire.
This EuroMaTech training course will cover firefighting system and design criteria in oil and gas plants referring to The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standard and SHELL DEP covers:
- Design and calculation fire protection system
- Fire safety assessment
- Fire water system designed to meet the fire water flow requirement
- Inspection, test and maintenance fire protection system
This training course will develop the participants’ abilities and skills to design, review and test firefighting system to mitigate risks and help prevent disasters in facilities - destroying the assets and causing pollution to the environment & fatality to human life.
Participants attending this Firefighting System Design & Review for Oil and Gas Industry training course will develop the following competencies:
- Firefighting system active and passive and its application refer to NFPA and Shell DEP
- Fire safety assessment with rating system calculation
- Fire water system with design and calculation
- Sprinkler system included design and calculation
- Fire protection system and maintenance