An Intensive 5-day Training Course
The Global Energy Markets & Management of Financial Risk
- Format: Live/Online
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Global Energy Markets are extremely volatile, as a result, management of the associated financial risks is vital to ensure profit maximization.
This online training course is designed to give participants an in-depth understanding of global energy markets and the skills to manage financial risks caused by volatility.
Through participation is energy related case studies delegates will develop models to forecast energy and forward / futures prices and recommend appropriate energy-related derivatives to hedge and manage the risks
Participants attending the Global Energy Markets & Management of Financial Risk online training course will develop the following competencies:
- Analytical Skills – examining volatility in Energy Markets
- Financial Modeling – analyzing and forecasting energy prices and forward/future prices
- Risk Management Techniques – developing an understanding of energy-related derivatives
- Decision Making Skills – balancing risk with return
This Global Energy Markets & Management of Financial Risk online training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Estimating and calculating volatility in energy prices
- Develop Financial Models to analyse and forecast energy prices and forward/future prices
- Understand the nature of Derivatives – Forwards, Options, Futures & Swaps
- Recommending appropriate energy-related derivatives
- Improved Decision Making Skills balancing risk with return
The Global Energy Markets & Management of Financial Risk online training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of risk management to the particular needs of their workplace.
The Global Energy Markets & Management of Financial Risk online training course is designed to give participants an in-depth understanding of global energy markets and the skills to manage financial risks caused by volatility, enabling benefits to be transferred to their workplace
Day 1: Global Energy Markets & Price Volatility
- The Energy Markets
- The Impact of Economic, Financial & Geopolitical Events on Energy Prices
- The Impact of Seasonality on Global Energy Markets
- Energy Futures Markets
- Energy Prices and Inflationary Pressures
- Forecast Energy Demand & Prices
Day 2: An Overview of Financial Risk Management
- What is Financial Risk Management ?
- Risk Management Techniques
- Hedging, Speculation & Arbitrage
- Derivatives – Forwards & Futures
- Commodity Swaps
Day 3: Option Pricing
- Black-Scholes Option Pricing Model
- Payoffs and Put-Call Parity
- Option “Sensitivities” (the “Greeks”): Delta and Gamma
- The Binomial Model and the Valuation of American-Style Options
- Real Options in Energy Market
- Power Plants as a Strip of Spark Spread Options; Oil Fields as the Valuation of an Extraction Option
Day 4: Estimating the Price Process in Energy Markets
- Historical Volatility: The Term Structure of Volatility (TSOV)
- Estimating Volatility from Market Prices of Options in Energy Markets
- Historical or Implied Volatility?
- Estimating a Mean-Reverting Process
- Extrapolating Energy Finance
- VAR and CVAR (Credit Value-at-Risk) in the Energy Industry
Day 5: Energy Derivative Products
- Commercial Structured Products
- Categorizing Derivative Products
- Structuring and Valuing Option Collars
- Structuring and Valuing Average (Asian) Options
- Using Vanilla Options to Determine the Value of Volatility
- Non-Commercial Structured Products
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.