An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Total Logistics Management
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This EuroMaTech Total Logistics Management training course fully covers the role and impact of Logistics and Supply Chain Management affecting an organization through the understanding of Supplier Management in Purchasing, Transportation Models, and Inventory Models from a cost efficient and optimization perspective.
This highly interactive EuroMaTech Total Logistics Management training course is designed for the course delegates to practice and develop key facets of logistics management which will enable delegates to strategically manage international shipping systems and inventory.
This EuroMaTech Total Logistics Management training course will feature:
- Process mapping the Supply Chain and internal processes for optimized results
- Management of risks and the actions of both internal departments and external stakeholders
- Integrating logistics forecasting with peak demands and resource planning to optimize the cost efficiency in managing inventory models to effectively manage and where appropriate reduce inventories
- Global best practice in purchasing, inventory controls and materials management
By the end of this EuroMaTech Total Logistics Management training course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrates knowledge in Rules and Regulation for inland transportation and ensures to follow them
- Apply the concepts of international logistics/freight procedures & documentation
- Appreciate the importance of effective resources planning
- Develop specific action plans to further develop their role and organizational benefit
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech Total Logistics Management training course is intended for a number of professionals who have an experience of supply chain and logistics management functions, and who are looking for new and innovative techniques for achieving a competitive edge for their team and organization will benefit from this training course. It is also beneficial to:
- Senior Professionals in Logistics Functions
- Purchasing, Warehouse and Inventory Personnel
- Financial and Materials Management teams
The EuroMaTech Total Logistics Management training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of transport management to the particular needs of their Organisation.
Logistics management is one of the time and cost saving strategies of business organizations. It is now being related to supply chain management.
Supply chain has become important to companies to gain competitive advantage in terms of speed and cost of delivery of products and services to customers. Marketers therefore should have a good understanding of the goals of logistics and value chains.
Logistics management is conventionally defined as the process that has the responsibility to ensure the delivery of the right product at the right place at the right time in right quantities.
Day 1 - The Role of Logistics and Supply Chain Management in Modern Businesses
- Evaluate logistics role in the current business process
- The evolution of Supply Chain management and Supply Chain dynamics
- The application of a Supply Chain approach
- How to use and apply the Supply Chain Operations Reference Model (SCOR)
- Identifying Supply Chain Instabilities and Risks
- Internal supply chain risks
- PESTLE risks
- Inventory risks
- Disruption risks
- Security risks
- Procurement risks
Day 2 - Linking Strategies and Improvement in Cost and Productivity in Procurement
- Developing Spend Analysis for establishing purchase prices index
- Examine the Total Cost of Ownership
- Analyze Supplier portfolio and classification utilizing and applying Kraljic’s Matric and Porter’s 5 Forces
- Formulate, plan and organise Strategic Logistics plans
- Illustrate the effective order-cycle and lead-time effect on Purchasing
- Plan and organise for negotiations
Day 3 - Transportation Economics as an integral part of Logistics
- The role of transportation in Logistics
- Management Key Decisions
- Types of Mode or Intermodal System
- International Commercial Terms in Transportation and the liabilities
- Documentation in Transportation
- Hazardous Materials Transportation
Day 4 - Inventory Management Role in Total Logistics
- Statistics application in Inventory Control
- Financial Management and Inventory
- SELECTIVE INVENTORY CONTROL MANAGEMENT (Class exercise)
- Understanding Inventory Status
- Reducing excess and obsolete inventory
- Improving the organization’s logistics and supply chain
Day 5 - Conversion of Warehouse Operations into a Distribution Value Added activity
- Value -adding to become a distribution Facility
- Streamlining the flow of material: Distribution and Inventory Management
- Measuring performance
- Employing the latest technology
- Organising for Flow Layout Options
- Using the floor and height space
- Methods and Equipment
- Selecting fork lift
- Selecting racking
- Warehouse Structure
- Loading Bays
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.