Warehouses and stores are often under-rated operations in organisations, yet they are essential in providing customer service. One of the aims of this online training course is to show how to implement the essential practical tools for the effective management of warehousing and stores through interactive exercises and simulations.
Furthermore this intensive 3 day online training course will cover an understanding of the demand/supply balance and the role of inventory; what items should be held in stock & where, how inventory targets should be set. In addition, the course will consider what order strategies are appropriate and the impact of make to stock and make to order policies including reference to MRP. The course shows how to implement the essential tools for the effective management of warehousing and stores.
This module therefore:
- Shows how to evaluate procedures
- Shows how to change and improve inventory and warehousing methods by eliminating wasteful activities and excess costs.
- Provides the practical skills to take back to the workplace.
- Shows how to avoid those internal problems that limit performance.
- Shows how to improve customer service.