An Intensive 3-day Training Course
Inventory, Warehouse & Material Management
- Format: Live/Online
- Duration: 3 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Warehouses and stores are often under-rated operations in organisations, yet they are essential in providing customer service. One of the aims of this online training course is to show how to implement the essential practical tools for the effective management of warehousing and stores through interactive exercises and simulations.
Furthermore this intensive 3 day online training course will cover an understanding of the demand/supply balance and the role of inventory; what items should be held in stock & where, how inventory targets should be set. In addition, the course will consider what order strategies are appropriate and the impact of make to stock and make to order policies including reference to MRP. The course shows how to implement the essential tools for the effective management of warehousing and stores.
This module therefore:
- Shows how to evaluate procedures
- Shows how to change and improve inventory and warehousing methods by eliminating wasteful activities and excess costs.
- Provides the practical skills to take back to the workplace.
- Shows how to avoid those internal problems that limit performance.
- Shows how to improve customer service.
This Inventory, Warehouse and Materials Management online training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- To have a better understanding of Warehouse Management
- How to manage the Inventory in order that costs are reduced
- Learn the best ways for managing the Materials
- Understand the best way for storing the items
- Understand the latest tools which are used to monitor the inventory items in the warehouse
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Professionals responsible for operations and strategy
- Professionals involved in supply chain decisions
- People responsible for the planning, execution and control of a supply chain at both warehouse, logistics and inventory levels
- Stakeholders in the supply chain who have an interest in warehouse and inventory management
The Inventory, Warehouse and Materials Management online training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of warehouse management to the particular needs of their workplace.
This EuroMaTech online training course is aimed at personnel within the organization who need an understanding of the key drivers involved when viewing warehouses and inventory from a logistics/demand point of view and appreciate what logistics, warehousing and inventory management are fundamentally about, and that delegates are able to:
- Apply key techniques to control lead time in the movement of goods and materials to customers and users
- Find the right cost and service balance
- Use practical skills to take back to the workplace to change current methods
- Work better with all supply chain players
Day 1: Functions within a Warehouse and Store
- Receiving and storing
- Picking, assembly and despatching
- Using the warehouse height and area
- Organising the warehouse movement for efficient flow
- Materials Expediting
- Typical costs involved of modern warehouse operations
Methods and Equipment
Productivity and Costs
- Understand the implication of fixed and variable costs
- Setting productivity and cost KPI targets
- The importance of having measurements for improvement
- Techniques of material planning and MRP
Health and Safety
- Duty of care for people and equipment
- Inspections and risk assessments inspections and analysis
- Equipment maintenance Inventory, Warehouse & Material Management
- How to increase people's awareness.
Internal and External Security and Loss
- Minimizing theft of stock
- Minimizing vulnerability of information
- Preventative measures will be briefly discussed.
As 21st century warehouses are a vital link in the total process of satisfying customers, this session will also examine:
- Internal and external customers relationships
- Customer service measurement and sampling
- Effects on the organization of substandard service
- Minimising errors in the whole warehouse process
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.