An Intensive 5-day Training Course
The Art of Budget Communications
Enhancing your Communication and Reporting Skills
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This highly participative training course will help you to deliver budgeting reports which are positive, clear and focused, written in simple language and that gets straight to the point. You will return with proven techniques that enable your reports to ‘hit the reader between the eyes’.
Participants attending the art of budget communication training course will develop the following competencies:
- Ways to draft a report with impact
- Ideas to improve the review process after the report has been drafted
- Ways to simplify and focus the main report
- The key characteristics of effective communication
- Ways to improve your negotiation and listening skills
This EuroMaTech training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Techniques to communicate persuasively
- Skill to project confidence to handle challenging situations
- Understand the building relationships based on trust
- Flexibility to adapt to new situations
- Self-awareness for personal growth and development
- Develop your ability to cope with stress
This Euromatech training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of budget communications to the particular needs of their workplace.
The Art of Budgeting Communication training course covers essential skills to develop the key skills of a modern Budgeting Professional - communication, teamwork, negotiation, planning and time management - to name but a few. You will also be introduced to the new communication ideas in the Internal Audit (IA) profession and how to apply them.
Day 1 - Building a Common Language for budgeting process
- The key role of budgeting and cost control in contemporary organizations
- The 21st century business imperative: Delivering value added (but to whom?)
- Financial vs. Managerial accounting (for decision making)
- Understand your processes: Integrating financial and non-financial aspects
- The budgeting process
- Examples and Discussion
Day 2 - Best Practice of Budgeting process
- Broadening performance measurement systems
- Beyond budgeting: Integrating financial and non-financial issues
- Introducing the Balanced Scorecard
- Introducing the Strategy maps
- Introducing Six-sigma
Day 3 - Keeping the Report as Simple as Possible
- The psychology of Budgeting reports
- Writing reports with impact
- The need to make reports more positive
- How to simplify the content
- Highlighting the issues that really matter
- Recommendations and action plans
Day 4 - Effective Communication
- The characteristics of effective communication
- The impact on productivity of clear communication
- Interpersonal skills
- The power of senior management and stakeholder engagement
Day 5 - Negotiation and Listening
- The power of Effective negotiation
- Negotiating during each budgeting phase
- The need for win-win solutions
- Listening - the most important skill?
- Types of listening
- Time Management
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.