An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Strategic Supply Chain Management:
Best Practices in Production, Procurement, Logistics & Inventory Management
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This highly participative EuroMaTech Strategic Supply Chain Management training course will help you understand the components of the supply chain and how they operate together in order to derive the maximum benefit for the organisation.
Supply Chain activities cover everything from product development, sourcing, production and logistics, as well as the information systems required to coordinate these activities. Organisations involved in running supply chains have to develop and run supply chains in the most effective ways possible.
This EuroMaTech Strategic Supply Chain Management training course will explore key concepts and solutions that can be employed to optimise the balance between supply chain responsiveness and the costs required to deliver desired business results.
By applying these key concepts to the tasks and challenges you face in your work, you will begin to experience breakthroughs you never thought possible.
Participants attending the EuroMaTech Strategic Supply Chain Management training course will develop the following competencies:
- Understand the role of the supply chain in the organisation
- Appreciate where production fits in with the requirements of the customer
- Develop purchasing management skills
- Appreciate the importance of product management
- Understand the importance of inventory management
- To define and understand the concept of a Supply Chain
- To understand the role of inventory in the Supply Chain
- Critically determine the optimal amount of inventory required
- Implement creative ways of reducing working capital
- Understand the key concepts of inventory control
- Understand and implement essential tools for managing transport and inventory in the wider supply chain
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Professionals responsible for operations and strategy
- Professionals involved in supply chain decisions
- People responsible for the planning, execution and control of a strategic supply chain at both logistics and inventory levels
- Stakeholders in the supply chain who have an interest in production and inventory management
Participants will learn on this EuroMaTech Strategic Supply Chain Management training course by active participation throughout the training course, through the use of a comprehensive training course materials, exercises, questionnaires, training videos and discussion of “real life” issues in their organisations.
This EuroMaTech Strategic Supply Chain Management training course covers essential skills that are necessary to plan, execute and control the Supply Chain, Procurement and Inventory within it. This EuroMaTech training course begins with the concept of a Supply Chain and will discuss all the aspects relating to Supply Chain Production, Procurement, Logistics and Inventory Management.
Day 1 - The Function of Supply Chains
- The concept of Supply Chain
- Understand the process of the Supply and Demand Chain
- How organisation supply and demand chains work
- Understanding the needs of the customer and the supplier
- Defining finance and cash flow
Day 2 - Supply Chain and Demand Chain Optimisation
- Setting up the infrastructure
- Suppliers and Manufacturers
- Transportation and cost
- Advance Planning and Optimisation
- Inventory decisions in Supply Chain
- Forrester effect and Inventory management model
Day 3 - Developing the Strategic Procurement Decisions
- Procurement as part of the Supply Chain
- An Overview of the Procurement Process
- Developing the Strategic Procurement Plan
- Make / Buy Decision
- Vertical Integration
- EOQ, ROP and Max & Min
- Inter-company Trade
- Supplier Strategy
- The Coordination Strategy
Day 4 - Inventory Decisions in Supply Chain
- Effect of lead time on the forecasting process
- Utilizing consignment inventory
- Methods of reducing stock levels
- Moving to supplier managed inventory
- Lessons from the Japanese-just in time inventory and Kaizen
- Reducing excess and obsolete inventory
- Measuring inventory management performance
- Making plans for improvement
Day 5 - Linking the Supply Chain Processes
- Warehousing & Distribution
- Return / recycling
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.