An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Maintenance Planning, Scheduling & Work Control
(Maintenance Management Professional)
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Maintenance planning, scheduling and work control is the most important function of a maintenance department but for many years, industry experts have pointed to the low productivity levels in maintenance departments of many companies around the world. Several studies and survey results reported at major Maintenance and Reliability conferences have confirmed this. A maintenance department can be far more productive in so many ways, becoming proactive instead of responding to emergencies like fire departments. Maintenance departments should be performing preventive and condition-based maintenance tasks, participating in process improvement projects, and working on capital improvement initiatives. Maintenance workers can upgrade their skills, train others, and educate operators to run the assets properly to minimize errors. In essence, good planning and scheduling avoids delays and minimizes wait time, other wasteful activities, and non-productive work. Maintenance Planning, Scheduling and Work Control is a disciplined approach both for utilizing maintenance resources effectively and for executing maintenance tasks efficiently. This is accomplished through:
- Defining and clarifying the right work
- Prioritizing work
- Developing the work sequence and steps to complete the task
- Identifying necessary tools, materials, and skills sets
- Assuring on-schedule availability of materials and assets
- Scheduling the work to be done with agreement from production on scheduled time
- Ensuring details of completed work are documented in CMMS
Our highly interactive Maintenance Planning, Scheduling & Work Control training course is designed to provide management and staff with essential maintenance management skills, gain a clear understanding of their roles, and work more effectively within a team environment.
- Understand maintenance as a key business function
- Understand the objectives and purpose of pro-active failure management
- Learn how reliability influences not only plant output, but also improves health, safety and environmental performance, resource optimisation and cost improvement
- Identify planning and scheduling best practices and how these will contribute to work quality and reliability improvement
- Create and preserve forward work and use it for planning and scheduling resources
- Use suitable performance indicators and management reports to perform regular analysis of maintenance performance, control maintenance resources and costs, and drive continuous improvement
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Delegates should represent a wide range of personnel in the organization who are involved in, or dependent on, effective maintenance planning, scheduling and work control. These should include:
- Maintenance and Operations Professionals
- Maintenance Engineers and Supervisors
- Maintenance Planners, Schedulers and Work Preparers
- Key Operations Supervisors
- CMMS Administrator or Key Users
- Key Maintenance Support Assistants
- Other stakeholders in the Maintenance Function
Facilitated by an experienced maintenance specialist, our Maintenance Planning, Scheduling & Work Control training course will be conducted as a highly interactive work session (as opposed to lectures), encouraging participants to share their own experiences and apply the training course material to real-life situations. Training course size will be limited to 30 delegates in order to stimulate discussion and efficiency of subject coverage.
Each delegate will receive an extensive reference manual, as well as case studies, while worked out solutions will be handed out to the delegates on conclusion of group discussions. Throughout the training course, delegates will be encouraged to identify what they can do to enhance Maintenance Planning, Scheduling & Work Control in their organizations.
Industry is moving away from reactive (“fix-it-when-it-breaks”) management into predictive, productive management (“anticipating, planning, and fix-it-before-it-breaks”). This evolution requires well-planned and executed actions on several fronts.
Our highly interactive EuroMaTech training course is designed to provide management with essential maintenance management skills, gain a clear understanding of their roles, and work more effectively within a team environment.
Day 1 : Modern Maintenance Management Practice in Perspective
- Maintenance in the Business Process
- What does it looks like
- What it could look like
- Evolution in Maintenance Management
- Reactive vs. Proactive Maintenance
- World-Class Maintenance Management
Day 2 : Maintenance Policies and Logistics Planning
- Equipment Classification and Identification
- Document Identification and Classification
- Maintenance Management Policies
- Maintenance Work Prioritisation
- Maintenance Logistics Planning
Day 3 : Failure Management Programme Development
- Failure Modes, Effects and Consequences (FMEA)
- Failure Management Policies
- Application of RCM in the Development of Failure Management Policies
- Implementing Failure Management Policies
- Corrective Maintenance Planning
- Logistic Requirements Planning
Day 4 : Work Scheduling and Control
- Development of Weekly Master Schedule
- Determine Resource Availability
- Determine Equipment Outage Requirement
- Management of the Forward Workload (Backlog)
- Weekly Master Schedule Implementation
Day 5 : Performance Measurement, Repoprting and Analysis
- Information and Control
- Management Levels and Information
- Performance Indicators
- Workload Performance Indicators
- Planning Performance Indicators
- Effectiveness Performance Indicators
- Cost Performance Indicators
- Management Reports
Case Studies and Group Discussions
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.