An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Facilities Operation Management
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This course features how to establish, implement, manage and continually improve your facility department to get the best out of your facilities within the given boundaries of costs, performance and other important factors during its total lifetime.
This interesting course is designed to develop delegate’s skills in managing facility staff and corporate assets while minimizing risk exposure in the workplace. As the Facilities Management (FM) function continues to evolve, this course offers the latest thinking in the profession, right balance between asset performance (functionality, availability, reliability, safety), and will tackle specific issues encountered on the ground and apply best practices in discussing real solutions. And this especially focusing the specific assets, provisions and organization.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basics of facilities management
- Understand how to draw up a preventive maintenance concept, based on risk
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Professionals who are responsible for the management, operation and maintenance of facilities (buildings, production facilities, utilities, power and water distributions networks landscaping, etc.)
- Professionals aiming to update themselves on the basic elements, best practices and implementation aspects of facilities management
This course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes use of PP presentation slide, exercises and group discussion.
The course is highly interactive and will prompt delegates to reflect on current practices and on their team goals. The tutor will guide and facilitate learning using a wide variety of methods including direct input, discussions, case studies and pair and group work.
This course will feature:
- Proper knowledge of the basic principles of facilities management
- How to apply best practices according to several norms
- Understanding how to operate and maintain facilities as a “business within a business”
- Sharing of facilities management experience
- Insights regarding current state of facilities management processes and possibilities to improve them
Day 1 – An Overview of Facilities Management and Introduction Planning Elements
- The Facilities Management process in general
- Facilities Management as a business within a business
- Facilities phases, planning and realization
- Relation between Facilities Management and Asset Management
- Introduction and overview Asset Management
- Introduction planning types
Day 2 - The Basic Elements of Facilities Management
- Types of planning
- Strategic & annual planning principles, Life Cycle Costing principles
- Budgeting principles, present situation Residential Compound
- Disaster recovery plans
- Maintenance concepts
- Work planning & control, KPI’s regarding the workflow, reflection on present situation
- Information management
Day 3 - Preventive Maintenance & Maintenance Strategy
- Understanding risk
- Risk Based Maintenance - the methodology
- Seven steps in developing an effective and risk-based maintenance strategy
- Defining maintenance tasks
- Case study, if possible focusing on a real time life example within a Residential Compound
- Typical inspection & maintenance tasks for utilities
Day 4 - Outsourcing and Contracting
- What to outsource and what not
- Choosing the right contractor
- How to manage this
- Contract types
- The contracting cycle
- Service level agreements
Day 5 - Performance Monitoring & Benchmarking
- Continuous improvement
- Target setting as a starting point
- Monitoring performance: develop and use Key Performance Indicators
- The Facilities Management Balanced Scorecard
- Assessments, audits and benchmarking; practical exercise on auditing
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.