An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Finance & Accounting Training for Non – Financial Managers
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This Finance & Accounting Training for Non - Financial Managers training course will improve your financial knowledge and skills enabling you to discuss finance related issues confidently. You will develop the essential skills to enable you to evaluate financial statements, prepare budgets and manage costs under your control
This training course seeks to enhance your role allowing you to combine your existing skills with financial knowledge and awareness thereby improving your role and your organisations cashflow, profitability and financial decision making.
Participants attending the Finance & Accounting Training for Non - Financial Managers training course will develop the following competencies:
- Analytical skills: analysing and improving financial performance
- Communication skills: discussing cashflow, profit margins and the ability to make sound financial recommendations
- Accounting skills: preparing financial statements
- Management skills: making informed financial recommendations to improve performance or control costs
- Reporting skills: incorporating financial assessments to support your functional knowledge and skills
This training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Discuss finance related issues such as budgeting, cashflow and costing
- Evaluate financial statements
- Recommend appropriate action to improve financial performance
- Prepare, manage and control budgets
- Manage costs under their control effectively
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Given the importance of finance and accounting this course is suitable for a wide range of professionals who wish to expand their financial knowledge, in order to achieve career progress and add value to their organisaton. It will greatly benefit the following:
- Non-financial professionals whose role demands an understanding of finance
- Operational, marketing, production management team
- Marketing, HR and Administration professionals who need to work to budget or contribute to budget preparation
- Professionals who aspire to manage departments where financial control s key
- Risk managers who wish to learn the latest techniques
- Finance staff who wish to improve their knowledge
This EuroMaTech training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of finance and accounting to the particular needs of their workplace. In addition, delegates will be provided with extensive notes and a clear Glossary of Key Financial Terms.
The Finance & Accounting Training for Non - Financial Managers training course provides delegates with the essential finance and accounting skills enabling them to communicate confidently with finance related issues such as cashflow, budgeting, costing and profitability. Delegates will leave with a clear understanding of financial statements, management and financial accounting enabling them to add value to their organisation.
Day 1 - An Introduction to Finance & Accounting
- What is Finance ?
- Financial Management: The Role & Scope
- What is Accounting ?
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
Day 2 - Finance
- Sources of Finance
- Cost of Equity
- Cost of Debt
- Changes in Costs of Capital
Day 3 - Financial Accounting
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Preparing an Income Statement
- Preparing a Statement of Financial Position
- Preparing a Cash Flow Statement
- Evaluating Financial Statements
Day 4 - Management Accounting: Budgeting
- Budgeting – Objectives, Methodologies and Processes
- Types of Budgets
- Preparing a Cash & Departmental
- Budgetary Controls
- Variance Analysis: Budget v Actual
Day 5 - Management Accounting: Costing
- Classifying Costs
- Cost Behaviour: Fixed, Variable & Semi Variable
- Cost-Volume-Profit and Break-Even Analysis
- Absorption Costing
- Activity Based Costing
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.