An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Corporate Analysis & Valuation
Forecast, Control & Financial Management
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This interactive Euromatech Corporate Analysis and Valuation training course will update and develop your skills of analysing financial information, business activities, and the key risks faced in today’s uncertain economic, political, and physical global business environment. It will guide you through the key steps of analysing financial statements, evaluating new investments, and measuring the performance of your organisation.
Throughout this training course, the participants will be able to relate their learning to real-world issues and problems and develop their ability to generate growth and improve profitability, as well as pinpointing problem areas for remedial action and will have the opportunity to acquire financial skills and technical knowledge that will enable them to manage more effectively.
Participants attending the Corporate Analysis and Valuation training course will develop the following competencies:
- The value of key financial information
- Use of a wide range of tools and techniques to evaluate financial performance
- Effective acquisition and use of financial resources
- Analysis and valuation of capital investment projects and businesses
- Analysis and management of a business and financial risk
This Corporate Analysis and Valuation training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Analyse and interpret an organisation’s annual report and accounts
- Financial Performance Indicators
- CVP and sensitivity analysis
- Valuation methods
- CSR and corporate governance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech Corporate Analysis and Valuation training course is designed specifically for those professionals who are new or relatively new to supervision, team leadership and management, or who have recently been promoted to a higher level or a bigger team. It will also help anyone who wishes to refresh and develop their Corporate Analysis and management skills.
- Team Leaders (new and experienced)
- Technical Staff making the transition to management
- Supervisors who wish to increase their financial effectiveness
- Team Leaders interested in further management development
- Managers who wish to evaluate and improve their financial performance
The EuroMaTech Corporate Analysis and Valuation training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of corporate financial management to the particular needs of their workplace.
The EuroMaTech Corporate Analysis and Valuation training course covers essential skills such as ratio analysis and valuation to handle challenging situations and flexibility to adapt and being clear about the corporate financial situation.
DAY 1 - Introduction to Advanced Financial Analysis
- Sources of Financial Information
- Why analyse financial data?
- Published Annual Reports and Accounts – What is their purpose?
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Creative Accounting, Financial Scandals, and the Agency Problem
- Corporate Governance
- Sustainability, Ethics and Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) Reporting
DAY 2 - Corporate Financial Analysis
- Working Capital and the Cash Flow Operating Cycle
- Liquidity and the Short-term Solvency
- Asset Utilisation Ratios
- Financial Structure and Long-term Solvency
- Market Value ratios
- The Dupont System of Ratio Analysis and Pyramids of Ratios
DAY 3 - Analytical Tools and the Financial Forecast
- Ratio Analysis using Excel
- Excel Trend Analysis using Common-size Horizontal Analysis and Vertical Analysis for Comparability
- Segmental Analysis and Value Added Analysis
- CVP and Break even analysis
- Using Statistical Techniques to Analyse and Forecast Financial Data
DAY 4 - Capital Investment Project and Business Valuation
- The Reasons for Business Valuations
- Business Valuation Models: DCF, DDM , Asset Based and Relative value Models
- Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM)
- Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC) and Optimal Capital Structure
- Capital Budgeting
- Using Net Present Value (NPV),
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR),
- Modified Internal Rate of Return (MIRR), and
- Equivalent Annual Cost (EAC) to Analyse
DAY 5 - Analysing and Predicting Corporate Failure and Financial Risk
- Predicting Financial Distress and Corporate Failure – The Altman Z-score Model
- Sensitivity, Simulation, and Scenario Analysis Techniques
- Risk Analysis using Expected Values, Standard Deviation and Coefficient of Variation
- Systematic Risk, Unsystematic Risk, Business Risk and Financial Risk
- Financial Risk– Interest Rate and Foreign Currency Exchange Rate Exposures
- Hedging and Derivatives to Mitigate and Minimise risk
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.