Cooling Towers are considered a vital element of the overall water-cooling system in power generation plants, as well as in process and petrochemical plants. The efficiency of cooling towers relies on the accurate and reliable information on the outdoor wet bulb temperature, required to avoid cooling tower increased water and energy usage and reduced lifetime of fans and pumps. Operations of cooling towers in general faces many safety and health challenges related to the use of water, which requires continuous control of corrosion rate and microbiological growth, the corresponding chemical and physical water treatments represent important element in the overall energy consumption.
This EuroMaTech Cooling Towers training course will cover many important aspects of cooling tower process control, correct operation and water management. Methods of efficiency improvement of the cooling tower operation will be explained and discussed. Best practices for preventive and corrective maintenance as well as problem solving, and troubleshooting will be illustrated through several real-world case studies and presented in the form of workshops. Maintenance and repair of the auxiliary mechanical equipment such as fans and pumps will be explained in detail.
Participants on the Cooling Towers training course will develop the following competencies:
- Better understanding of cooling tower technologies
- Understanding water treatments effective methods
- Understanding chemical reaction inside cooling towers
- Knowledge about effective operation and maintenance of cooling towers
- Complete understanding of water treatment and its impact on performance
- Knowledge to perform effective inspection & preventive maintenance of equipment
- Skill to perform RBI and FMEA for cooling towers, most modern and new techniques