An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Storage and Safety Awareness
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This highly participative Chemicals Handling training course will make you aware of the best practices in the safe handling and storage of common chemicals in use today. It will highlight the health and safety issues involved and also provide the latest updates on the relevant Regulations that govern the storage of chemicals.
This Chemicals Handling: Storage and Safety Awareness training course seeks to raise the participants’ awareness and perception of risk in the area of chemicals handling and provide the skills necessary to carry out effective risk assessments relating to the storage of chemicals in warehouses.
Participants attending the Chemicals Handling course will develop the following competencies:
- Ability to carry out Risk Assessments on the handling of chemicals
- Assess the integrity of chemicals package and identify risks
- Follow handling and storage protocols
- Assess compliance with International Guidelines and local Regulations
This Chemicals Handling training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Understand the nature, basic properties and use of chemicals
- Develop awareness in relation to Health & Safety issues
- Raise their awareness on emergency preparedness and response
- Skill to specify and monitor storage requirements for chemicals
- Become aware of legal responsibility and compliance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Responsible persons of Chemicals storage warehouses
- Health & Safety officers in Municipalities and Governmental Departments
- Regulators responsible for developing the relevant legislation
- Persons responsible for chemicals in the hospitality and healthcare sectors
- Importers and Distributors of chemicals
This training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles that apply to the Storage and Handling of Chemicals to the particular needs of their workplace.
The Chemicals Handling training course covers essential skills such as understanding the nature of chemicals and ability to identify risks associated with this activity. This allows the participants to participate in appropriate risk Assessments and develop action plans in case of emergency.
In addition, the importance of Legal Compliance and accountability is also examined, especially in the context of Health & Safety at Work and Environmental legislation.
Day 1 : Introduction to the nature and use of Chemicals
- Definition and types of chemicals – solid, liquid, gaseous
- Hazardous chemicals
- Understanding the basic properties of chemicals – active ingredients
- Introduction to the interactions between chemicals – Incompatible Chemicals
- Use of chemicals in different industries
- Basic precautions governing the use of chemicals
Day 2 : Use of chemicals in specific applications
- Agricultural Chemicals – fungicides, fertilisers
- Pest control – pesticides
- Chemicals used in Water Treatment – drinking/recycled water
- Use of chemicals in recreational waters – swimming pools, water parks
- Cleaning and disinfection of surfaces
- Disinfection of indoor/outdoor areas
Day 3 : Chemicals Packaging and Labelling
- The control of hazardous substances – COSHH regulations
- Labelling symbols and MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet)
- Primary and secondary container labelling
- Hazard identification through chemical labelling
- GHS – The Globally Harmonised System for the Classification and Labelling of Chemicals
- International Organizations on the control of chemicals – The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA)
Day 4 : Storage and Transportation of Chemicals
- Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety considerations
- Storage areas design and construction – infrastructure requirements
- Control of environmental conditions within storage area
- Storage guidelines – type(s) of containers and proximity to other chemicals
- Stock control requirements, FIFO principle and record keeping
- Compliance with local and international Hazardous Materials Transportation Regulations
Day 5 : Risk Assessment and Management
- Risk Assessment Study – Differentiation between Risk and Danger
- Emergency Preparedness and Response – Emergency Response Team
- Environmental emissions and waste management of storage installations
- Personnel awareness and on-going training
- Internal and External Safety Inspections and Audits – Case studies
- Legal Requirements for Chemical Warehousing
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.