- Financial Management for Projects & Contracts 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Organisation and Relationship Systems in the Workplace 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Risk Assessment within Production Operations 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Fitness for Service Assessment of Pressure Vessels, Tanks and Piping Systems Using API 579-1 and ASME FFS Standards 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Documents and Records Management Compliance 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Construction & Civil Engineering Fundamentals for Non-Civil Engineers 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Oil Movement, Storage and Troubleshooting 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Advanced Risk and Incident Analysis 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Reservoir Management and Monitoring 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- The Practical Leader: Developing and Leading High Performing Teams 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Marketing Communications and Brand Management 19 - 23 Sep 2021
- Mastering Business Data Collection, Analysis and Presentation 20 - 24 Sep 2021
- Advanced Negotiation Skills & Deal Making Strategies 20 - 24 Sep 2021
- Leadership & Crisis Management in Emergency Situations 20 - 24 Sep 2021
- LV, MV and HV Circuit Breakers 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Training Material and eLearning Design and Development 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Organization of Quality Control for Geological Exploration QA/QC 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Boilers: Operation, Maintenance, Inspection, Control and Troubleshooting 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Mastering and Managing Professional Communications 26 - 30 Sep 2021
- Gas Processing 26 - 30 Sep 2021
An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Promoting Sustainable Waste Management Solutions
14 - 18 Nov 2021
US $ 4,950
14 - 18 Aug 2022
US $ 4,950
13 - 17 Nov 2022
US $ 4,950
Effective management of wastes and environmental risks is critical for the reduction of costs and prevention of harm to humans. In this programme, you will learn how to:
- Enhance your leadership and management skills
- Extend those skills into the domain of environmental and waste issues
- Balance the roles of an effective manager and use management systems to control tasks
- Use environmental issues to motivate and coach your people for improved efficiency and performance
- Delegate the workload effectively and efficiently
- Be aware of the principal national and international background issues relating to the environment management in the oil and gas industry
- Have formed a considered view on the significance of waste management environmental issues for the industry
- Be aware of the effects of the principal relevant environmental legislation and sustainable development policy affecting the industry and how to interpret changing legislation into practical responses
- Have considered the key means by which the industry can begin to enhance performance through environmental efficiency
- Have considered the competitive advantage that might be brought through giving attention to environmental management
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Newly appointed managers, supervisors and team leaders
- New members of the management team
- Those managers/supervisors who have been in their position for less than a year, or are about to be promoted to their first managerial/supervisory position
- Health and safety or quality managers with a new portfolio of environmental, sustainable development or waste management
- Environmental advisors or scientists who wish to progress to management level
Participants will learn by active participation during the programme through the use of exercises, questionnaires, syndicate and group discussion, training videos and discussions on "real life" issues in their organisations. The programme is hinged around a real case study from an entirely different industry sector to provide a testing environment that develops real investigative and problem solving skills. This is supported by plenary sessions demonstrating how the issues presented translate into the oil and gas sector.
The programme covers all the essential skills needed by newly appointed environment or sustainable development managers/supervisors. There will be discussions on the transition from a staff to a managerial position and the obstacles to a successful evolution. The programme will concentrate on the skills required to lead staff, motivate staff, communicate with staff and manage the outcomes expected by higher management within the organisation. All participants will return to their organisations with a developed Action Plan to implement their learning from the programme into their daily routine at work.
DAY 1 : Sustainable business thinking
- What is Waste, Environment Protection and Resource Sustainability
- Benefits of Good Waste and Environmental Management
- Overview of Climate Change Impacts and Sustainability Issues on companies
- Why is it important to build waste management issues into business processes?
- Key Elements of an Environmental Management System
- Overview of Environmental Management Standard ISO 14001:2015
- Selecting Environmental Management Leadership and Implementation Team
DAY 2 : Legislation, policy and models for action
- Overview of waste management international law, codes of practice and guidance
- How and why do environmental and social issues impact on the industry?
- What and how does national legislation and global policies affect industry?
- How do I keep track of changing waste management legislation and policy?
- How does economic instruments affect profitability?
- Key steps develping a management system that controls environmental issues
DAY 3 : Tools for the assessment and interpretation of environmental and social performance
- Understanding Environmental Aspects and Impacts
- How to Determine Significant Environmental Aspects
- How is environmental audit carried out and how does it differ from a waste audit
- Types of General and Hazardous Waste Streams
- Conducting a Practical Waste Stream Audit
- Carrying out a Pollution Prevention Opportunity Assessment (PPOA)
DAY 4 : Managing waste and energy to improve efficiency
- Waste Reduction Using ‘Reduce-Reuse-Recycle’ Techniques
- Managing Hazardous and Special Waste
- Developing an Environmental Management Program and Procedures
- Integrated Waste and Environmental Management
- Role of energy efficiency management and renewable energy options?
- Role of improved waste management in achieving competitive advantage?
- How does the oil and gas industry addresses some of these issues
DAY 5 : Management and reporting systems
- Key elements of environmental management reporting system?
- Benefits of management systems employed to improve business efficiency,
- Ensuring compliance with Environmental Obligations and social challenges
- What are the structure and controls mechanisms within management systems?
- How are social, environmental and ethical issues communicated to stakeholders?
- Key Point Summary of Course Topics
Do you wish
on this course?
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars
Do you want to see
Visit our program finder
Want this Seminar for
Please let you know if you wish to conduct this seminar on an in-house basisGet a proposal