Have you noticed that your projects don’t seem to deliver what stakeholders expected?
Business Analysis is recognised in the modern world as a fundamental prerequisite to successful solution of business problems and enhanced return on capital investment. Bigger challenges, bigger investments, higher risks of business projects are combined with overwhelmingly complex economic conditions, high uncertainty and increasingly demanding stakeholders. The key to success in this environment is the need to understand the business need in the first place and to translate it to a clear set of requirements.
The Business Analysis for Project Success training course covers the knowledge necessary to conduct comprehensive analysis of business needs and definition of project requirements that are clearly linked to the creation of measurable organisational value. This EuroMaTech training course is focused on the enhancement of essential knowledge and skills and equips participants with a toolbox of ideas and methodologies for effective elicitation and analysis of business requirements.
Participants for Business Analysis for Project Success training course will develop the following competencies:
- Project definition and scoping
- Critical thinking, strategic analysis and management decision making
- Business needs analysis
- Stakeholder management
- Requirements elicitation techniques
- Option analysis
- Requirements prioritization and documentation
- Scope management planning and control
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech training course will benefit professionals and managers who are involved in project initiation and would like to be able to effectively understand business requirements, define their projects and convince stakeholders to support them.
The Business Analysis for Project Success training course will equally appeal to decision makers and those who support them in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
The Business Analysis for Project Success training course aims to expand participants’ knowledge of business analysis methodologies to help distinguish the real business value from general wishful thinking. It provides a productive environment to develop hands-on skills and practice specific diagnostic tools and techniques.
As a result of attending this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Define the nature of business problems and link it to business directions
- Apply strategic thinking and leadership to business needs analysis
- Recognise and actively manage divergent stakeholder expectations
- Elicit and analyse pertinent business information from a wide range of sources
- Use proven diagnostic and analytical tools to organize, verify, validate and prioritise requirements
- Document and justify clear, concise and effective project requirements
Highly cognisant of different learning styles, this programme combines high level of delegate interaction with conventional lecture style and practical exercises, case studies, group discussions and real life examples. Delegates are encouraged to contribute their own experiences for discussion and debate which facilitates exchange and enhancement of delegates’ knowledge and skills from a variety of industries.
With multiple short case studies, exercises and facilitated discussions of real life experiences, this course aims to share a wealth of practical tools and methodologies developed through years of management and consulting experience.
The Business Analysis for Project Success training course is structured to equip participants with the essential business analysis knowledge and skills. This stimulating learning experience provide participants with opportunities to practice practical problem solving in specific business situations. Participants will take away a comprehensive set of reference materials about essential tools, methodologies and “tricks of the trade” often used by business analysts, including templates and checklists that they will be able to adapt for their business to assist in formulating and communicating business decisions.
- Introduction and key concepts
- Projects in the modern world
- Business Analysis as a key to project success. Lessons for an accidental profession
- Projects, programs, endeavours
- Project lifecycle
- Strategic thinking and leadership in business analysis
- Business analysis and strategic thinking
- Understanding business context and direction
- Managing project stakeholders, understanding perspectives
- Project initiation
- The key questions at project initiation
- Definition of project requirements
- Collecting and organizing project requirements
- Requirements elicitation and knowledge types
- Business needs analysis
- Elicitation techniques
- Use of questionnaires and surveys
- Advanced elicitation techniques
- Managing divergent expectations
- Effective facilitation of stakeholder workshops; establishing effective group decision processes
- Facilitation tools and techniques that counter typical errors, biases and inefficiencies
- Techniques for building agreement
- Nominal group technique and affinity diagram
- Process analysis tools
- Prioritising requirements
- Requirements prioritisation techniques
- Managing stakeholder differences
- Evaluating options
- Formulating and considering alternative solutions
- Decision criteria and option analysis
- Documenting requirements
- Persona analysis
- Verification and validation of requirements
- Creating project scope statement
- Defining project priorities
- Ensuring the requirements are actionable and practical, avoiding the traps
- Implementation planning, stakeholder alignment and change management considerations
- Planning the delivery of project requirements
- Project requirements and Work Breakdown Structure
- Requirements traceability
- Using the Critical Path Method to manage deadline requirements
- Managing budget and resource requirements
- Identifying and mitigating project risks
- Achieving project success through effective control
- Fundamentals of effective project monitoring and control
- Refining project requirements and managing variations
- Managing project creeps
- Benefit realization
- Managing change
- Managing project completion
- End-of-project processes and lessons learned
- Benefit realisation reviews
- Advanced topics in business analysis
- Summary of business analysis tools
- Case study application
EuroMaTech has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
Participants attending this training session are entitled to claim corresponding PMI Professional Development Units (PDUs) / Contact Hours.
The PMI logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.