An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Enterprise Project Management
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Projects play a critical role in achievement of business objectives. Increasingly, multiple initiatives, projects, programs and endeavours are initiated only to realise that they compete for limited available resources and many of them may fail unless a consistent, enterprise -wide approach to selection , planning and execution of projects is implemented.
This programme will look at a number of advanced concepts in Project Management, Strategy, Leadership and Risk Management that will help develop a comprehensive project management framework to be adapted and applied vertically and horizontally across the organisation. It will
enable the participants to apply a proven systematic approach to the project management process to facilitate effective and efficient achievement of business objectives. It will include tips, techniques and strategies to assist this process, including project initiation and selection, the establishment of a project plan, a risk management strategy and a stakeholder management strategy for a project. It will discuss the trade-offs associated with multiple projects and highlight the tools and techniques appropriate for management of projects and programs.
This programme aims to expand participants’ knowledge of modern project management and develop hands-on leadership skills for successful project delivery.
This programme aims to enable participants to achieve the following critical objectives:
- Appreciate the importance of strategic approach to project management
- Develop a framework for enterprise project management
- Appreciate the advantages and disadvantages of typical project organisational structures
- Obtain a fundamental understanding of project management concepts and the importance of common language across the enterprise
- Develop basic knowledge of effective project management techniques
- Identify and analyse project risk
- Apply effective strategies to address typical project issues.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Managers involved in the development, appraisal and implementation of projects
- Professionals who make or support project decisions and would like to be able to develop and justify effective solutions
- Technical specialists seeking broader perspectives on enterprise project planning & implementation
- Project management professionals and supporting personnel
- Internal auditors and management accountants
This programme is delivered in-person. It is highly interactive and practical. Participants learn through a range of teaching and personal development methods including presentations, tutorials, real life case studies, worked examples, short team exercises and video presentations. Active participation and involvement is encouraged throughout the programme to promote the sharing of ideas and expertise within the group.
With multiple short case studies, exercises and facilitated discussions of real life experiences, this programme aims to share a wealth of practical tools and methodologies developed through years of management and consulting experience.
The programme is structured to help participants adopt a strategic mindset and grow confidence in making strategic project decisions to effectively implement organisational strategies.
Day 1: Strategic Context of Project Management
- What is special about Project Management?
- Project management maturity
- Managing programs and portfolios
- Strategic planning and policy context
- Typical project organisation structures and implications for project investment decisions
- Enterprise wide project governance and portfolio management principles
- Project selection and planning decisions
Day 2 : Giving each project a good start
- Project life cycle
- Project initiation – giving each project a good start
- Understanding stakeholder needs and priorities
- Uncertainty in project planning, stage gate approach
- Understanding project scope, priorities and tradeoffs
- Understanding and managing project scope
- Developing a project baseline with the Critical Path Method
- Projecting project timeline
Day 3 : Problem solving and decision making through effective resource allocation
- Fundamentals of budgeting and cost control
- Dealing with uncertainty in estimates
- Resource allocation and cashflow estimates
- Strategic decisions for resourcing of multiple projects
- The contents of a project plan in the context of enterprise project management
Day 4 : Incorporating risk in enterprise project management
- Contemporary concepts in project risk management
- Risk and contingency analysis
- Decisions under certainty, risk and uncertainty
- Introduction to scenario and sensitivity analysis; decision trees
- A holistic view of enterprise project and risk management
Day 5 : Leading the project execution to maximise enterprise value
- Project monitoring and control
- Introduction to Earned Value Analysis
- Fundamentals of project leadership in a volatile environment
- Decision making to address project creeps and time delays
- Project Evaluation and Benefit Realisation
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.