An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Applying Best Practice Methods & Behaviours Towards Success
- Format: Classroom, Live/Online
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Successful programs are delivered by strategic teams, from inside and outside an organisation, working together towards achieving the same goal, usually in the long-term with specific benefits aligned to the organisation’s strategy. A Program Manager’s role is to link the strategic management team with the Project Managers through an intentional set of activities and objectives
For program managers hoping to acquire skills to undertake programme management activities effectively and in line with recognized best practice, this highly participative EuroMaTech training course will address the major issues of setting strategic objectives, planning programmes and identifying benefits as they arise throughout the program. The objective of this course is to outline responsibilities inherent in the role of the person or people responsible for managing programs and their project components. The advice and tools in the course are not static and can be adapted and applied to suit a wide range of programs and organizational structures.
It will give participants a “road map” on which the future of the organisation’s investment in programs can be confidently based.
Participants attending Programme Management training course will develop the following competencies:
- Gain a valuable source of ideas, tools, and frameworks for understanding the work
- Gain the insight needed to make informed decisions from a Program perspective
- Learn how to shape the types of roles needed in Program teams
- Understand how advisory and support teams can work effectively with their Program Manager
The EuroMaTech training course on Programme Management aims to help participants to develop the following critical objectives:
- Understand the meaning and impact of strategic thinking
- Know how to apply the main project tools and techniques
- Develop skills in program specification and scheduling
- Apply the most effective approaches to Program strategy formulation
- Achieve targets and performance standards during periods of change delivered by the Program
- Build strong public-private relationships in development activities
- Gain commitment of their teams to the process of Program delivery
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This Programme Management training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals, but will be particularly beneficial to:
- Experienced Program Managers
- Aspiring Program Managers
- Senior Executives and Governance boards
- Strategy Planners
- Portfolio, Program and Project Practitioners
- Members of PMO, PgMO, PfMO
- Consultants in Project, Program and Portfolio.
This Programme Management training course will combine presentations with instructor-guided interactive discussions between participants relating to their individual interests. Practical exercises, video material and case studies aiming at stimulating these discussions and providing maximum benefit to the participants will support the formal presentation sessions. Where relevant, the course facilitator will make use of case examples and case studies of issues in which she has been personally involved.
This unique EuroMaTech training course on Programme Management covers discussion of critical areas of Program delivery; strategic focus and planning and will have a practical focus on decision-making in conditions of complexity within Programs.
The focus of this course is on the actions required to achieve effective design and delivery of strategic Programs. This will include detailed presentations and discussion of contemporary leading-edge approaches to Program planning, demonstrating how project management tools should be modified for the specific context of a Program.
Day 1 – Introduction to Programme Management
- Projects, Programs, and Portfolio Management
- 4 critical phases of programme management throughout its lifecycle
- 5 essential principles that are common to all phases of the program lifecycle
- Program Essentials
- Program Manager Role & Responsibilities
- Theory of Change
- Disciplines of Programme Management
Day 2 – Program Identification
- Increasing the likelihood of success in this phase
- Introducing Decision Gates
- Managing internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Context analysis – what are the areas to focus on?
- Decision-Tools – how to use them against a case study
- Developing a Program Impact Goal
- Program Concept Document Development
- Defining Program Scope and Identifying Projects
Day 3 – Program Design Formulation
- Developing the Program Charter
- Creating a Program Logical Frame
- Setting out a Monitoring & Evaluation at Program Level Framework
- Risk Analysis and Management
- Identifying and managing the expectations of different stakeholders
- Program Resource Chart & Resource Mobilisation Plan
- Program Proposal
Day 4 – Planning and Implementation
- Creating the Program Implementation Plan
- Designing the ability for change within the programs
- The practice of Program Planning
- Planning for Stakeholder Engagement
- Planning for Program Stages
- Program Implementation
- Resource Management
- Stakeholder Management and Communications
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Budget Management
Day 5 –Program Closure
- Creation of Program Final Report
- Decision-Gate Factors to be considered
- Roles and Responsibilities in this phase
- Closure Processes
- Planning for closure
- Sustainability Assessment
- Administrative Closure
- Document Completion & Archiving
- Learning from Experience
- Program Evaluations
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.