An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Business Sustainability Management
Proactively Enhancing Competitive Advantage and Resilience
- Format: Classroom, Live/Online
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
As employees, customers and communities demand more transparency, organizations are increasingly being evaluated for the impact they have on society and the environment. Taking a proactive approach to sustainability can help organizations gain a competitive advantage while improving the world we live in.
This EuroMaTech training course on Business Sustainability Management, unpacks the core mindsets, knowledge and skills you need to promote sustainability and resilience in today’s complex environment. The course will focus on sustainability from five key perspectives - corporate sustainability, stakeholders’ engagement, differentiation, change and innovation. It will equip participants with a comprehensive understanding of sustainability issues, the relevance for policymakers, the role of corporations and the implications for decision-making on sustainability issues in business operations.
Participants will increase their understanding of the strategic challenges faced by modern organisations in today’s global business environment. They will also develop a basic understanding of sustainability thinking and triple bottom line approaches – those which benefit a company’s profit, people and the planet.
By the end of this Business Sustainability Managemet training course, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the importance of sustainability in business, and drive social responsibility across your organisation’s value chain
- Become a competent advocate for sustainability
- Define and explain main sustainability concepts and drivers
- Capitalize the potential of change, strategies and innovation to enable sustainable business practices
- Define and explore opportunities for value creation through stakeholder and partner collaboration
- Influence internal and external key stakeholders as to the competitive advantages of being a purpose-driven firm
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Business leaders, supervisors, section heads and managers
- Project leaders
- Professionals who have an interest in a management position
- Anyone who wants to have a greater understanding of business sustainability
The training course methodology involves presentations supported by discussions, self-assessments and learning activities, including the creation of a development plan. Leaders, Professionals & Business Professionals should choose this course if they seek to bolster corporate resilience and support the long-term sustainability of their business.
This training course provides a well-balanced content that helps you to embed the concepts and framework into daily business practice. The knowledge shared is based on world-class research and displayed in a format that is easy to understand with great dynamics between reading materials and video and interactive learning content through group discussion forums. Designed to address the growing need and prevalence of sustainability practices in business, this course empowers the delegates with the tools to pioneer meaningful change throughout their organisations.
DAY 1 : Principles & Concepts of Sustainability
- Key terms defined: Sustainability, Business Sustainability
- Business Case for Sustainability
- Sustainability by Industry Sector – Services, Manufacturing, Government
- Sustainability by Organizational Function
- Triple Bottom-Line: Profits, People, Planet
- Managing Business Accountabilities & “Responsibilities”– Social, Environment & Economic
DAY 2 : Stakeholder Management – Managing Competitiveness & Trust
- Understanding stakeholders and their needs
- Effect of sustainability on stakeholders
- Engaging Stakeholders in Sustainability Journey
- Creating value for multiple stakeholders
- Changing the Community Engagement Model
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
DAY 3 : Strategic Differentiation – Creating Competitive Advantage
- Achieving sustainable operational efficiencies
- Opportunities and Challenges in Sustainability
- Business Sustainability Strategy
- Creating Shared Value While Acting Responsibly
- Sustainable competitive positioning
- The competitive advantages of being a purpose-driven firm
DAY 4 : Business Model Innovation & Transformation
- Building business value in a changing world
- Elements of the Business Model Canvas
- Business Model Innovations for sustainability
- Pathways to sustainability - from Incrementalism to Transformation
- Managing Innovation and Relationships
- The Ongoing Integration of Sustainability into Business Practice
DAY 5 : Managing Change - Developing Dynamic Capabilities & Managerial Talents
- The drivers of change
- Contemporary issues in change management
- Leading towards sustainability
- Talent management and executive education
- Change agent: Keeping sustainability effort on track
- Taking the Future Seriously: Preparing for the Global Gigatrends
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.