An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Project Scheduling and Cost Control
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Project Management is the application of concepts, and techniques to maximize project success. Projects are critical to the success of any organization, and are defined as a set of processes performed within a specified scope to achieve a goal within a specified time, budget, quality, and resources. Conflict is an inevitable consequence of project work as there is constant pressure to achieve targets within strict time and resource constraints.
It will demonstrate how to initiate a project, produce a project management plan, execute, monitor and control the project, which when complete, will need to be closed down. It provides the tools, skills and techniques that you can take back immediately and start using on the project; along with insights you’ll need to adapt principles to specific project environments. In this programme, in addition you will:
- Understand the roles of stakeholders in a project
- Understand techniques for estimating time and cost
- Manage projects in a way that improves their impact
- Become a better decision-maker
- Improve the interface with senior management
- Establish project goals and objectives, linked to stakeholders’ needs
- Develop and use work breakdown structures
- Develop realistic and measurable plans to ensure positive results
- Estimate project time and costs using proven techniques
- Use a step-by-step process to manage project risk
- Establish a project control system and monitor progress
Project planning, scheduling, and Management is taught through case studies, group exercises, and examples that can be used immediately to improve your project results.
This programme addresses both the “hard” skills and the “soft” skills needed by project managers to plan and control projects. The “hard” skills are the technical issues related to planning and managing a project, while the “soft” skills deal with the human issues.
The goal of this programme is to assist organizations in developing project managers who are aware of the strategic importance that project management plays in the achievement of the mission of their organization, and their role in leading the way to better performance and profits.
Day 1 - Foundations of Project Management
- What is project management?
- The life cycle of a project
- Who are the stakeholders?
- Project Initiation
- The project charter
- Project financial analysis
- Cash flow analysis
- Real and nominal interest rates
Day 2 - Project Planning and Scheduling
- Scope definition
- Developing the Work Breakdown Structure
- Identifying costs
- Network scheduling
- Finding the critical path
Day 3 - Schedule The Work And Risk Management
- Techniques to make up time in the schedule
- The Basic Foundations of Risk Management
- Types of risk, threats and opportunities
- Determining risk tolerances
- Risk management Planning
- Risk identification
- Risk qualification
- Risk quantification
- Risk Strategies
Day 4 - Project Execution, Monitoring And Control
- Managing the project team
- Project deliverables tracking
- Project Control definition, objectives and approach
- The Earned Value Management (EVM) concept:
- Integrated change control
- Quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC)
- Communication and documentation control
Day 5 - Advanced Planning & Control
- Linear Scheduling Management (LSM)
- Lean Project Management basics
- Project closure
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.