An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Urban Rail Development
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This highly participative EuroMaTech Urban Rail Development training course presents the delegates with the ways to develop affordable, environmentally friendly, and socially responsible transportation solutions that can meet the accessibility needs of expanding metropolitan populations and support future economic and urban development. In these terms urban rail systems can provide rapid mobility and vital access to city centres from surrounding districts, and the course will present how a high-performing urban rail services help enhance quality of life by giving citizens access to employment opportunities, essential services, urban amenities, and neighbouring communities.
This EuroMaTech Urban Rail Development training course presents a synthesis of knowledge related to planning, implementation, and operations of urban rail projects.
Participants attending the training course will develop the following competencies:
- Ability to manage urban rail development projects,
- Realise all the requirements for urban rail development,
- Knowledge of economical, social, and environmental sustainability of urban rail,
- Experience to tackle the technical, institutional, and financial challenges,
- Manage the challenges of urban rail systems.
This EuroMaTech Urban Rail Development training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Define urban rail and it is characteristics compared to other forms of transit
- Have a working knowledge of steps of the urban rail development process
- Walk through the each of the steps in the urban rail development process
- Building capacity within project of urban rail development
- Understand international 'good practices' and recommendations
The EuroMaTech Urban Rail Development training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies where the neo-traditional planning system of urban development is introduced. The seminars will use the most up-to-date presentation and interactive methods focusing on problem identification in the thematic area, and work of the participants on finding solutions, or ways to solve the identified problems through the discussion of practical examples and tasks.
The EuroMaTech Urban Rail Development training course covers essential skills required to perform early studies and project planning, creating more sustainable projects, enhancing socioeconomic returns and access to opportunities for users while maximizing the value of private participation, where appropriate.
The course provides full advice to tackle the technical, institutional, and financial challenges faced by decision makers considering urban rail projects.
Day 1 - Urban rail
- Urban rail transit development,
- Decision making process regarding urban rail implementation,
- Comparative evaluation of investment opportunities,
- Examples of urban rail projects.
Day 2 - Urban rail programme and project management
- Organisation of programme and project management,
- Feasibility studies,
- Project management principles,
- Project risk assessment for urban rail projects,
- Urban rail project planning example.
Day 3 - Urban rail design
- Design standards,
- Design features,
- Options in the design,
- Cost estimation,
- Critical impacts of urban rail design and implementation.
Day 4 - Urban rail project optimization
- Project value analysis,
- Integrated design,
- Risk transfer,
- International Value Methodology Standard,
- Using value engineering.
Day 5 - Project finances and development options
- Public-Private partnership options
- Maximizing returns,
- Institutional development,
- Operational and financial sustainability.
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.