An Intensive 5-day Training Course
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This highly participative EuroMaTech NACTO training course in National Association of City Transportation Officials (NACTO) focuses on the design guides centre around building streets that safely accommodate all road users, including people traveling on foot, bike, and on transit.
NACTO’s street design guides are the first national-level guidance focused on the unique needs of urban areas and the many users of our streets, outlining city-approved engineering techniques to build streets as public spaces that are safer for all road users.
Participants attending the EuroMaTech NACTO training course will develop the following competencies:
- Knowledge how to implement Performance Management framework
- Understanding the decision-making techniques
- Making streets safer for all road users
- Better decision making regarding the level of service for all road users
- Increased application of modern urban roads and streets planning
This EuroMaTech NACTO training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Data based decision making
- Focus on the accommodation of all road users
- Safety Focused design
- Increased mobility and safety on the city streets
- Vulnerable road users protection
The EuroMaTech NACTO training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies, as well as the active use of NACTO design guides. The seminars will use the most up-to-date presentation and interactive methods focusing on problem identification in the thematic area, and work of the participants on finding solutions, or ways to solve the identified problems through the discussion of practical examples and tasks.
The EuroMaTech NACTO training course covers essential skills required to implement and sustain systematic and continuous process for improving city streets performance by developing better designs and plans.
Day 1 - NACTO vision and guides
- NACTO focus areas,
- NACTO mission,
- Design guides:
- Urban Street Design Guide
- Global Street Design Guide
- Transit Street Design Guide
- Urban Bikeway Design Guide
- Bike Share Station Siting Guide
- Urban Street Stormwater Guide
Day 2 - Street design guides
- Design principles
- Phases of transformation
- Street design elements
- Sidewalks and curb extensions
- Speed control
Day 3 - Street design guides particulars
- Interim designs
- Traffic signals
- Measuring performance
- Economy of streets
Day 4 - Transit streets and stormwater management
- Importance of transit
- Transit lines and transitways
- Transit system street strategies
- Green street principles
- Stormwater elements
Day 5 - Vulnerable road users and ecology of mobility
- Bikeway design
- Bike lanes
- Cycle tracks
- Bikes at signals and intersections
- Speed management
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.