An Intensive 3-day Training Course
The Art of Strategic Thinking in a Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) Environment
- Format: Live/Online
- Duration: 3 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
When professionals are promoted to leadership positions, there is an expectation that brilliance in technical disciplines will translate to leadership excellence and strategic outlook, overnight. It is however not true. With the world becoming more volatile and uncertain, different skills and knowledge are required to make decisions, lead and inspire people.
This EuroMaTech online training course has been specifically developed to build on skills and knowledge of professionals to expand and develop strong leadership and strategic thinking capabilities within a complex and fast changing industry. With a balanced mix between strategic analysis, leadership and management, it will help participants expand their mindset and acquire specific practical strategic thinking and leadership skills.
The Art of Strategic Thinking in VUCA Environment online training course, aims to expand participants’ knowledge of modern strategic analysis and decision making, develop hands-on leadership skills and provide a productive environment to practice business decision making, communication and influence techniques for successful strategy implementation. It is designed to provide a solid foundation in key leadership competencies and to give the attendees the opportunity for a truly transformational leadership experience.
As a result of attending this EuroMaTech online training course, the participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of leadership and strategic thinking in volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous business environment
- Recognise the difference between management and leadership
- Understand and apply key tools and techniques used in strategic management
- Set direction and formulate goals in uncertainty
- Understand external trends and internal capabilities
- Identify and evaluate strategic alternatives in complex and ambiguous environment
- Understand the principles of effective leadership and strategy implementation
- Effectively manage stakeholdersand deal with organizational change
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech online training course, will benefit professionals and managers who are interested in expanding their strategic thinking and strive to become truly influential leaders.
This online training course will equally appeal to employees in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
This EuroMaTech online training course is highly interactive and practical. Participants learn through a range of teaching and personal development methods including presentations, tutorials, real life case studies, worked examples, short team exercises and video presentations. Active participation and involvement is encouraged throughout the programme to promote the sharing of ideas and expertise within the group.
This hands-on online training course is structured to balance theoretical and practical considerations from organisational behaviour, strategic management, behavioural economicsand social psychology to provide participants with strategic thinking capabilities and leadership skills.
With multiple short case studies, exercises and facilitated discussions of real life experiences, this course aims to share a wealth of practical tools and methodologies developed through years of management and consulting experience.
Day 1 : Strategic Thinking
- What is strategy and strategic thinking in a VUCA world?
- Managing vs leading
- Leadership theory and practical leadership competencies for professionals in 21st century
- Strategic management models and frameworks
- Setting objectives in uncertainty
Day 2 : Fundamentals of Strategic Analysis
- Strategic analysis tools and techniques
- Customer and stakeholder analysis, value proposition
- Understanding the challenges and opportunities facing the business and industry
- Identifying and evaluating resources and capabilities
- Key result areas
- Formulating and considering alternative solutions
Day 3 : Crafting and Evaluating Strategies through Critical Thinking
- Scenario analysis
- Rational choice,decisions under certainty, risk and uncertainty
- Contemporary concepts in risk management
- Drawing warranted conclusions and making justified recommendations
- A holistic approach to strategy implementation
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.