An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Sustainable Finance & Investments:
Finance for Future Generations
- Format: Classroom, Live/Online
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This EuroMaTech training course on Sustainable Finance explains how the financial sector can be mobilized to create a better world. By using finance as a means to achieve social goals, we can divert the planet and its economy from its current path to a world that is sustainable for all.
This training course combines theory, empirical data, and policy to explain the sustainability challenges for corporate investment. It shows how finance can steer funding to certain companies and projects without sacrificing return and thus speed up the transition to a sustainable economy. It analyses the Sustainable Development Goals as a strategy for a better world and provides evidence that environmental, social, and governance factors matter, explaining in detail how to incorporate these factors in the corporate and financial sectors.
This EuroMaTech training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Learn what the principles of sustainable finance are.
- Understand what the interplay is between the UN Sustainable Development Goals and finance.
- Understand what the importance of a long-term perspective is.
- Understand the role of finance in the transition to a sustainable economy.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech training course is aimed at and valuable for:
- All finance professionals
- Board Directors
- Project managers
- Sustainability architects and engineers
This Sustainable Finance & Investment training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of sustainable finance to the particular needs of their workplace.
Finance is widely seen as an obstacle to a better world. This course on Sustainable Finance explains how the financial sector can be mobilized to counter this.
Throughout this course, participants will learn about the UN Sustainable Development Goals and how social and environmental factors should not be regarded as externalities. Participants will learn more about sustainable banking and asset management, about effective engagement, sustainable scenario analysis and long-term value creation.
Upon completing this Sustainable Finance & Investment training course participants will understand how sustainable finance can be used as a tool to steer the sustainability transition.
Day 1 : What is Sustainability and Why Does it Matter?
- Sustainability and the Transition Challenge
- The sustainability challenge
- Dealing with sustainability
- The purpose of companies
- Sustainable business models
Day 2 : Sustainability's Challenges to corporates
- Sustainable asset management
- Sustainable banking
- Climate risk and insurance
- Externalities - Internalisation
- Governance and Behaviour
Day 3 : Financing Sustainability 1
- Coalitions for Sustainable Finance
- Strategy and Intangibles - Changing Business Models
- Integrated Reporting - Metrics and Data
- Investing for Long-Term Value Creation
Day 4 : Financing Sustainability 2
- Equity - Investing with an Ownership Stake
- Bonds - Investing without voting power
- Banking - New Forms of Lending
- Insurance - Managing Long-Term Risk
Day 5 : How To Get There?
- Transition Management and Integrated Thinking
- Steering the transition
- Cuba case study
- Food, Water, Shelter, Health, Energy, Education, Infrastructure
- Take aways
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.