An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Strategic Sourcing Workshop
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
It is only in the latter half of the last century that the importance of efficient sourcing has been widely recognised. There are still organisations where sourcing is generally recognised as a routine clerical service function concerned mainly with spending. Three important developments have enhanced the status of sourcing, the contribution of sourcing to profitability and added value, the evolution of professional and sourcing the recognition of the strategic importance of sourcing.
Strategic sourcing management is concerned with policy decisions affecting the entire organisation with the overall objective being to position the organisation to deal effectively with its environment.
Participants attending EuroMaTech’s highly interactive Strategic Sourcing Workshop will develop the following competencies:
- Strategically focused sourcing professionals
- Understand the importance of the organisation’s mission and objectives
- The determination of strategic decisions
- Strategy formulation and implementation
- Matching supply with demand
- Understanding the importance of supplier selection and assessment
EuroMaTech’s Strategic Sourcing Workshop aims to help participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Appreciate how purchasing is defined
- Understanding sourcing strategies
- Understand levels of sourcing strategies
- Learning how total costs are determined
- Appreciate the strategic importance of purchasing
- Learn how to deal with various stakeholders
- Determine ways to reduce overall procurement costs
- Understand the importance of supplier assessment, appraisal and rating
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Strategic Sourcing Workshop is designed for procurement professionals who need to understand the impacts of strategic sourcing processes in order to participate in an efficient procurement team. This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals:
- Procurement Officers
- Contracting Officers
- Supply Chain Professionals
- Programme Managers
The training course will also greatly benefit those who are involved in the planning, evaluation, preparation and management of purchasing, tenders and contracts that cover the acquisition of materials, equipment, and services.
The Strategic Sourcing Workshop will increase participants’ competencies through a variety of instructional methods, individual and team exercises, group discussions and specific team assignments covering the main topics presented in the programme. This is a highly interactive and competitive training course where the participants will work and compete in team exercises; whereby all participants will grasp the essential elements of sourcing strategies and procurement methods.
This EuroMaTech Strategic Sourcing Workshop examines critical areas operating in the procurement world whereby participants will understand the sourcing strategies and the effects on their organization. It will specifically cover important areas to implement an organisation wide sourcing strategy to maximize total cost savings and apply best practices and lessons learned in sourcing area.
Day 1 - Purchasing and the organisation
- What is purchasing?
- Where purchasing fits in the organisation’s supply chain
- The strategic importance of purchasing
- The status of purchasing in the organisation
- Strategic management and planning
Day2 - Sourcing Strategy
- Organisation structure
- Mission and objectives
- Strategy formulation and implementation
- Strategic tools
- Organisational conflicts
Day 3 - Supplier Management
- Sources of supply
- Supplier assessment and appraisal
- Supplier performance and rating
- Make or buy strategies
- International sourcing
- Outsourcing services
Day 4 - Negotiation
- Approaches to negotiation
- What is an effective negotiation?
- Negotiation tactics
- Negotiation process
- Errors in negotiating
- Post negotiation
Day 5 - Sourcing Performance
- The aims of performance measurement
- Methods of measuring sourcing performance
- Management by objectives
- Purchasing ethics
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.