An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Payroll Management & Effective Payroll Controls
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
The efficient management of the payroll function is crucial for any business with multiple employees. It is an aspect that requires attention to detail and careful observation of the regulatory environment. The integration of the payroll function with the finance and human resource departments further contributes to the operational management of a successful organisation.
This EuroMaTech Payroll Management and Effective Payroll Controls intensive 5-day training course gives a comprehensive understanding of the principles of payroll management and effective controls with a strong emphasis on practical application in the working environment. Whether you are seeking to manage these functions within your organisation or to diversify your skillset for career progression, this EuroMaTech training course will provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to perform the vital function of payroll management and the effective implementation of controls.
You will find value in taking this EuroMaTech training course by formalising and updating your skills and learning the most up-to-date processes and best practices involved in the payroll function.
Participants will develop the following competencies:
- Understanding the payroll regulatory and compliance environment
- Confidence in managing the payroll department
- Skills to identify risk and implement controls
- Ability to integrate the payroll division with the HR and Finance Department
- How to effectively run a compliant payroll office
- Practical payroll implementation
- How to generate information and reports for internal and external use
- How to plan, organize, implement and monitor work within the payroll environment
- Data processing using software
- Integration of payroll into the HR and finance departments
- Mitigating risk and implementation of controls
- Performance of internal and external payroll audits
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Payroll Administrators who wish to enhance their payroll knowledge and application
- Human Resource professionals who wish to gain a better understanding of the payroll system and how it is integrated into the corporate human resource environment
- Accountants who wish to diversify their skillset for career progression
This EuroMaTech Payroll Management & Effective Payroll Controls training course will be taught in an interactive manner, using lectures, lessons learned, practical examples, video materials, case studies, software demonstrations, shared participant experiences and practice sessions. There will be group work as well as individual exercises. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively.
This EuroMaTech training covers essential skills in managing the payroll division. It looks at the regulatory environment, practical payroll implementation and management as well as integration with the corporate finance and human resource departments.
Day 1 : Payroll Environment
- Types of Payroll Systems
- How to Effectively Run your Payroll Department / Office
- The Acts that Govern Payroll
- Integration with Company Policies
- Responsibility of the Payroll Administrator
- Internal Payroll Audit
Day 2 : Practical Payroll Implementation
- The Key Steps Involved in Payroll Activities.
- Creating Cost Centres, Pay Points and Job Codes
- Maintaining Employee Data
- Processing Leave
- Setting up Payslips and Ensuring Regulatory Compliance
- Capturing Overtime and Additional Payment Information
- Making Amendments and Accounting for Specific Transactions
- Updating to New Pay Period and Month-End Procedures
Day 3 : Payroll Management
- Definition of an Employee and How an Employee Designation Impacts Payroll
- Employee Time Management and Tracking
- Employee Compensation
- Additional Employee Benefits
- Types of deductions and why they are used
- Ethical considerations in the Payroll Function
- Linking payroll with the HR (Human Resource) Function
- Setting up your payroll division
Day 4 : Corporate Integration
- Linking Payroll with Company Finance Department
- Recording of Payroll Transactions in the Accounting Records
- Application of Payroll Accruals
- Common Payroll Measurements and how they are used
- Contents of the various payroll reports and how to use them
- How to utilise payroll reports for problem solving
- Payroll and external audit procedures
Day 5 : Effective Payroll Controls
- Protection of personal information
- What are internal controls?
- Identifying risks in the payroll cycle
- Implementation of payroll controls
- Evaluating payroll controls
- Outsourcing arrangements and responsibilities
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.