IPSAS is becoming and will become the World standard for Public Sector entities. IFRS having replaced IAS is now becoming the world standard, but in many ways was not specific enough to the needs of the Public Sector. The United Nations and World Bank coming to this realisation have favoured IPSAS which is a modified form of IFRS tailored to the Public Sector.
This EuroMaTech online training course will help our clients to assist not only in meeting the challenges of introducing IPSAS, but also to secure the benefits of improved financial management to help secure organisational objectives and goals of each public service organisation. It will also compare IFRS against IPSAS so that the participants can see the main differences.
The key topics covered are:
- Context of IFRSs and IPSASs
- Financial statement presentation
- Funding, revenue and expenditure
- Asset and liability reporting
- Entity consolidation and combination
- Disclosure and other matters