IFRS 16 requires lessees to recognise assets and liabilities for most leases on their balance sheet, regardless of the industry in which the entity operates. Most operating leases will be recognised as a ‘right-of-use’ asset on balance sheet with a corresponding liability, which is a significant change for many entities. For lessors, there is little change to the previous lease accounting standard (IAS 17).
This highly participative EuroMaTech online training course will address the major issues of implementing IFRS-16. It will give participants a “road map” on which the application of these standard can be confidently based.
Participants attending this online training course will develop the following competencies:
- Learn the scope of the new standard
- Apply steps required for effective implementation of IFRS 16
- Understand the required changes to measurement, recognition and impairment
- Plan how to implement the transition
- Identify new presentation and disclosure requirements