An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Effective Supply Chain, Warehouse and Inventory Management
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
In today’s competitive environment, the best supply chain that offers the highest value to its customers at the most efficient cost will have a distinct competitive advantage. This requires an in-depth understanding of the individual Supply Chain elements, key optimisation and efficiency for each of the elements ensuring that there are robust links between each element and inventory management. These must integrate seamlessly and efficiently to deliver optimal cost and fulfil the organization’s promise of value.
Participants in this EuroMaTech training course will examine:
- The various processes in the Supply Chain
- The structure of a Supply Chain
- What makes a Supply Chain successful?
- The role of inventory and effective Warehouse management in the Supply Chain
- Achieving maximum performance in inventory control
- Understanding and implementing the skills needed for managing and controlling warehouses and inventory in the supply chain
- To define and understand the concept of a Supply Chain
- To understand the role of inventory in the Supply Chain
- Critically determine the optimal amount of inventory required
- Implement creative ways of reducing working capital
- Understand the key concepts of inventory control
- Understand and implement essential tools for managing warehouses and inventory in the wider supply chain
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Professionals responsible for operations and strategy
- Professionals involved in supply chain decisions
- People responsible for the planning, execution and control of a supply chain at both warehouse, logistics and inventory levels
- Stakeholders in the supply chain who have an interest in warehouse and inventory management
Participants will learn by active participation throughout the training course through the use of training course materials, exercises, questionnaires, training videos and discussion of “real life” issues in their organisations.
This Effective Supply Chain, Warehouse & Inventory Management training course covers essential skills that are necessary to plan, execute and control the Supply Chain and the Warehouses and Inventory within it. This EuroMaTech training course begins with the concept of a Supply Chain and will discuss all the aspects relating to Supply Chain, Warehouse and Inventory Management.
Day 1: The Function of Supply Chains
- The concept of Supply Chain
- Understand the process of the Supply and Demand Chain
- How organisation supply and demand chains work
- Understanding the needs of the customer and the supplier
- Defining the goals of supply and demand
Day 2: Supply Chain Optimisation
- Setting up the infrastructure
- Advance Planning and Optimisation
- Inventory decisions in Supply Chain
- Forrester effect and Inventory management model
Day 3: Warehouse Management
- Key functions of a modern warehouse
- Streamlining the flow of material
- Utilizing warehouse management systems
- Measuring warehouse performance
- Effective utilization of bar coding
- Employing the latest technology
- Catalogue methodologies within Warehouse
Day 4: Inventory Decisions in Supply Chain
- Effect of lead time on the forecasting process
- Utilizing consignment inventory
- Methods of reducing stock levels
- Moving to supplier managed inventory
- Lessons from the Japanese-just in time inventory and Kaizen
- Reducing excess and obsolete inventory
- Measuring inventory management performance
- Making plans for improvement
Day 5: Linking the Supply Chain Processes
- Warehousing & Distribution
- Return / recycling
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.