An Intensive 5-day Training Course
CT/VT Testing Using Omicron CT Analyzer & CPC 100 Tools
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This highly participative EuroMaTech training course will help you to familiarize users with the CT Analyzer and its application fields. It contains helpful instructions on how to use the CT Analyzer safely, properly, and efficiently.
Attending this training course will help you to prevent danger, repair costs and possible down time due to incorrect operation. Furthermore it ensures the reliability and life-cycle of your CT Analyzer.
The CT Analyzer must be used in observance of all existing safety requirements from national standards for accident prevention and environmental protection. Reading the CT Analyzer manual alone does not release the user from the duty of complying with all national and international safety regulations relevant for working with the CT Analyzer.
This EuroMaTech training course seeks to provide you with skills and the applicable regulations for accident prevention in the country and at the site of operation, also, provide you with the accepted technical procedures for safe and competent work should be heeded.
The the CT Analyzer training course is targeted at technical personnel working in the Medium to Large Power Generation and Distribution Systems, particularly in the Utilities, Oil & Gas, Mining and Minerals Processing and Heavy Industries.
This CT/VT Testing Using Omicron CT Analyzer & CPC 100 Tools training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Comprehensive understanding to CT Analyzer for current transformers
- Skill to assign CT faults, measurements and troubleshooting
- Understand the construction, operation and use of CT Analyzer
- Understanding of protection techniques used for CT Analyzer
- Flexibility to adapt to new situations
- Self-awareness for personal growth and development
- Develop your ability to cope new Technology
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech CT/VT Testing Using Omicron CT Analyzer & CPC 100 Tools workshop training course is designed specifically for Electrical engineering professionals who need to update their knowledge, electrical technician, maintenance engineers and technician, and power system distribution technician and engineers. The participants should have a basic understanding of power system operations and equipment, but do not necessarily have to be experts. Also, the engineers who are starting their career in the field of power in utilities, industrial or commercial plants, institutional complexes and panel builders will benefit from this course.
- Team Leaders (new and experienced)
- Technical Staff making the transition to professional
- Supervisors who wish to increase their effectiveness
- Team Leaders interested in further technical development
- Electrical technician mangers who wish to evaluate and improve their performance
This EuroMaTech training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities, case studies and practical sessions for measuring and testing the current transformers. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of stress experience to the particular needs of their workplace.
The CT/VT Testing Using Omicron CT Analyzer & CPC 100 Tools training course covers essential knowledge such as theoretical and practical aspects of CT Analyzer design, operation, and maintenance, testing and troubleshooting. The course emphasizes the importance of the safety procedures of the device. It addresses the user interface, calibration and troubleshooting of the device. And practical sessions for testing, measurements and troubleshooting of CTs.
Day 1 - Safety Instructions for CT Analyzer
- General Rules for Use
- Orderly Practices and Procedures
- Operator Qualifications and Primary Responsibilities
- Safe Operation
- Power Supply
- Changing Fuses
- 6 Safety Rules for Your Own Safety
Day 2 - Designated Use and Features & Hardware
- Designated Use
- Functional Components of the CT Analyzer Overview
- Mains Connection Unit and Grounding
- Compact Flash Card Slot
- Inputs and Outputs
- I/0 Key with Status LEDs
- Display & Block Diagram (Simplified)
- Connecting the CT Analyzer
- Running an Automatic Parameter Search and CT Test
Day 3 - User Interface and Operation
- Introduction and Basic Operating Procedures
- CT Analyzer Help System
- Main Menu
- CT-Object Card
- Burden Card
- Resistance Card
- Excitation Card
- Ratio Card
- Assessment Card
- Comment Card
Day 4 - CT Analyzer PC Tools & Case Studies
- System Requirements
- Installation of the CT Analyzer PC Toolset
- The CTA Start Page
- CTA Quick Test
- CTA Remote Excel File Loader
- CT Analyzer Firmware Update Tool
- CTA Remote Control Software
- CTA to NetSim Export Tool
- CPC Explorer for CT Analyzer
- Measurement at a Freely Accessible CT
- Measurement at a Delta Winding Transformer
- Measurement at a Wye Winding Transformer
Day 5 - Application Examples, Case Studies, Calibration, Troubleshooting
- Measurement at a Bushing-Type CT
- Measurement at a GIS (SF6) Switch Gear
- Measurement on a Bar-Type Current Transformer
- Measurement on Tapped CTs
- Measurement on a Gapped Core
- Excitation Curve Measurement for an Unwound Iron Core
- Measurement on Multicore CTs
- Burden Test
- Noise Reduction Techniques
- Calibrating the CT Analyzer
- Error and Warning Messages
- Formulas and Definitions
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.