An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Electricity Economics and Markets
- Format: Live / Online
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: KHDA,
This highly participative online training course will help you cultivate your knowledge in realization of technical and economic parameters that need to be considered in order to attain a sustainable electrical system which is both technically optimized and economically justified to be introduced and implemented in the electricity market.
This online training course seeks to provide you with the most updated electrical engineering concepts together with efficiency and reliability considerations and calculations, coupled with the key parameters of competitive and sustainable electricity markets and their associated regulations and optimizations. By applying this knowledge base to the tasks and challenges you face in your work, you will begin to experience breakthroughs you never thought possible.
Participants attending the “Electricity Economics & Markets” online training course will develop the following competencies:
- Learning about the challenging issues in today’s global power industry as applies to the generation and transmission costs versus the minimum requirements for a reliable and sustainable power system
- Getting familiar with technical and economic criteria for the assessment of electrical systems
- Understanding the concepts of energy systems cost estimation and risk analysis
- Learning about the impact of renewable energy to replace part of the traditional power systems at utility scale
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.
This online training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Techniques to assess electrical systems
- Skills to analyse the reliability and affordability of utility scale electrical systems
- Understand the relationship between the electrical systems technical parameters and the final cost of the generated power
- Learn to introduce and justify the development of new electrical systems to meet the minimum technical requirements in a competitive market
- Comprehend the impact of transient disturbances on electrical systems
The “Electricity Economics & Markets” online training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively to practice the principles of electrical systems and their associated costs related to the design, operation, and maintenance and relating them to the particular needs of their workplace.
The “Electricity Economics & Markets” online training course covers essential skills such as preliminary design of electrical systems, feasibility studies, due diligence, cost estimation, benchmarking, and electricity regulation. This allows you to get a better understanding of how electrical systems are introduced, developed, and implemented, and then realise how the related costs will be formulated and analysed to optimize the preliminary plan to achieve a more affordable and sustainable power system.
Module 1 : Need for power systems
- Generation, transmission, and distribution systems
- Power system basic parameters
- Feasibility studies
- Load forecasting and fault analysis
- Power system design criteria; safety, reliability, security, efficiency, quality
- Grid connection of embedded generation; solar energy, battery systems
Module 2 : Assessment of electrical systems
- Principles of cost estimation; building blocks; unitised costs
- Assessment of risks associated with the development of electrical systems
- Techniques to mitigate major risks and minimize the associated costs
- Benchmarking the costs against similar systems to attain competitive prices
- Optimization of electrical systems; minimum technical requirements vs. cost
- Refining the preliminary design to reflect the optimum point
Module 3 : Impact of renewable energy
- Review of conventional power systems; fossil-fuelled resources
- Introduction of renewable energy; challenges, advantages, complications
- Cost analysis of renewable energy resources vs. conventional systems
- Impact of renewable energy resources on overall system design criteria
- Stand-alone generation vs. integrated power system
- Trend of the global market to implement renewable energy resources
CALL ME BACK
Thanks for completing the form. Our training solutions specialist shall be in touch with you shortly
You need to accept the terms & conditions in order to proceed ahead.
Invalid email format.
All the fields are required!
An error occurred. Please try again later.
Do you have any questions about this course?ENQUIRE
PRINT THIS PAGE
SEND VIA EMAIL