An Intensive 5-day Training Course
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Energy transition refers to the global energy sector’s shift from fossil-based systems of energy production and consumption — including oil, natural gas and coal — to renewable energy sources like wind and solar, as well as lithium-ion batteries.
The conventional modes of thermal generation of energy incorporates steam and gas turbines. With improvement of energy generation efficiency the combine cycle method became popular. Nuclear power generation gained momentum as the demand for energy grew exponentially.
The increasing penetration of renewable energy into the energy supply mix, the onset of electrification and improvements in energy storage are all key drivers of the energy transition. Regulation and commitment to decarbonization has been mixed, but the energy transition will continue to increase in importance as investors prioritize environmental, social and governance factors.
Participants attending the Energy Transition training course will develop the following competencies:
- Understand the roles of the gas and steam turbines
- Comprehend the characteristics of nuclear energy generation
- Appreciate the merits of renewables
- Inculcate the benefits of energy storage systems
This Energy Transition training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Understand the operations of the gas and steam turbines
- Comprehend the merits of combine cycle energy generation
- Differentiate the two main methods of energy generation in the nuclear power plant
- Appreciate the various types of green energy and renewables
- Assess the importance of decarbonisation
The Energy Transition training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of energy transition to the particular needs of their workplace.
This innovative EuroMaTech training course on Energy Transition will create awareness to delegates on the availability of the different types of energy transition. This will then allow them to understand the operations and characteristics of the thermal power plants. The introduction of clean and green renewables which are gaining momentum worldwide. Battery energy storage systems compliment the renewables.
Day 1 - Thermal Power Generation
- Generation, transmission and distribution process with highlight of key equipment
- Thermal power generation
- The steam turbine characteristics and operations
- The gas turbine characteristics and operations
- Characteristics of combine cycle power generation
- Nuclear power generation construction and characteristics
Day 2 - Decarbonisation and Reduction of Carbon Footprint
- Importance of carbon footprint reduction and its impacts
- Greenhouse gases produced by electrical switchgears
- Natural and synthetic ester base dielectric fluid for power transformer
- Various green gases as replacement for sulfur hexaflouride
- Eco efficient gas insulated substation switchgears
- State-of-the-art eco friendly medium and high voltage vacuum circuit breaker
Day 3 - Power Generation From Green or Renewable Energy and Carbon Footprint Reduction via Solar Power
- Types and importance of renewable energy
- Solar energy
- Types of photo voltaic cells
- Solar parks
- Concentrated power solar system
- Fundamental of a smart grid
Day 4 - Wind Farms and Wind Turbines Capacities
- Overview of wind power generation of electricity
- Construction of the wind turbines
- Operations and characteristics of the main components of the wind turbine
- Merits of wind power
- Digital wind farms
- Onshore and off shore wind farms
Day 5 - Hydro Electricity, Biomass and Geothermal Features Merits and Energy Storage Systems
- Types and characteristics of hydro power plant
- Introduction to bio mass renewable energy
- Geothermal power generation
- Characteristics of energy storage systems
- Large capacity battery energy storage systems
- Wrap-up session
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.