An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Building and Evolving a PMO Training
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
The PMO provides organizations with an infrastructure of people, procedures, and tools to leverage project management standards, allocate resources, establish consistent performance measures, and reduce duplication of efforts. It is an effective solution for the centralized management of groups of projects.
This Building and Evolving a PMO Training course provides delegates with a practical grounding in the fundamentals of a project management office. Those attending will learn how to set up and evolve a project management office.
This course will feature:
- How to assist organizations in understanding how best to implement projects by establishing and maintaining a Project Management Office (PMO)
- Assist participants in understanding the strategic importance that a PMO plays in the achievement of the mission of their organizations
- Align the strategic PMO with your organization’s business needs
- Understand the functions that a PMO can carry out and show how it can be set up to support these functions effectively and efficiently
- Increase the capability of organizations to deliver projects successfully by using appropriate PMO functions
- Provide a framework for consistently managing projects through a standard methodology
This Building and Evolving a PMO training course will assist delegates in assessing the needs of their companies for a PMO and designing the kind of PMO that will be most effective for their companies’ current level of project management maturity and competency. In addition, it will help them to understand what a highly functional PMO is and how it operates; how to effectively establish, develop and maintain a PMO in an organization, managing bureaucracy and resistance to the implementation of effective, efficient, and flexible processes. At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Establish, develop, and maintain a PMO
- Understand the organizational role of the PMO and its benefits
- Define the roles and responsibilities of a PMO
- Create a plan, through the PMO, to increase project management competencies
- Measure the effectiveness and efficiency of a PMO
- Develop project management maturity through an organizational change management plan set up by the PMO
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech training course is designed for senior management, Programme/portfolio managers, project practitioners and those who would like to learn and understand what a good PMO is and how to establish, develop and maintain one.
It is a must for experienced project managers and senior managers who have recognized the need to obtain the knowledge and approach to plan and implement the appropriate PMO for their organization
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- PMO staff
- Directors of project management
- Programme Managers
- Portfolio and Functional managers
- Project Managers
The Building and Evolving a PMO training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of project management to the particular needs of their workplace.
The programme provides participants with an excellent introduction to the building and evolution of a PMO, the strategic role a PMO plays in contributing to an organization’s project successes as well as exploring PMO functions and examining how a PMO can be effectively and efficiently established to support projects.
Day 1 - Evolution, Purpose, and Function of the Project Management Office
- The Evolution of the Project Management Office (PMO)
- Definition of a Project Management Office including different types
- The Organizational Environment for a PMO
- PMO Key Characteristics
- PMO Critical Success Factors
- Project Stakeholders and PMO
- PMO Purpose and Functions
Day 2 - PMO Alignment and Influence
- PMO and Business Needs
- Governance and Organizational Governance
- PMO Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Management Competency Development
- Project Management Maturity and PMO.
- Change Management Program
- Earned Value Management (EVM)
Day 3 - PMO and Resource Optimization
- PMO Staffing
- Competency, Knowledge, Experience, Personality
- The Project Manager’s Hard and Soft Skill’s Challenge
- Professional Project Management Development Program
- Resource Management, Governance, Capabilities, Monitoring and Mentoring
- PMO Role in Resource Optimization
Day 4 - Measurement of The PMO’s Effectiveness
- Organizational Change and PMO’s Effectiveness
- Project Management Measurement Framework
- Effective Measurement & Performance Measurement
- Data & Performance Analysis
- Performance Reporting
- Continuous Improvement
Day 5 - The PMO Implementation Process
- Conduct Assessment & Identify Sponsor
- Defining PMO Vision and Mission
- Integrating applicable organizational policies
- Defining PMO Functions, Roles, and Responsibilities
- Establishing PMO Policies, Processes, Procedures and Tools
- PMO Start-Up & Implementation
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.