- Logistics and Transport Management 07 - 11 Mar 2021
- Modern Chemical Laboratory 07 - 11 Mar 2021
- Marketing Communications and Brand Management 07 - 11 Mar 2021
- Gas Processing 07 - 11 Mar 2021
- The 3 Phases of Contract Management 07 - 11 Mar 2021
- The Power of Positive Thinking, Psychology and Attitude 07 - 11 Mar 2021
- Advanced Leadership 07 - 11 Mar 2021
- Mastering Finance and Accounting 07 - 11 Mar 2021
- Project Management & Compliance 07 - 11 Mar 2021
- Advanced Human Resource Management 07 - 11 Mar 2021
- Mastering Business Data Collection, Analysis and Presentation 08 - 12 Mar 2021
- Oil & Gas Commercial Contracts and Negotiation Skills 08 - 12 Mar 2021
- Leadership and Management Skills for the 21st Century 08 - 19 Mar 2021
- Managing and Leading Innovation 08 - 12 Mar 2021
- Payroll Management & Effective Payroll Controls 14 - 18 Mar 2021
- Managing Stress & Work-Life Balance 14 - 18 Mar 2021
- Leading & Managing Vendor Relations 14 - 18 Mar 2021
- Project Management for Contract Professionals 14 - 18 Mar 2021
- Public Relations Professional 14 - 18 Mar 2021
- Public Relations & Corporate Communications 14 - 18 Mar 2021
An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Training Material and eLearning Design and Development
26 - 30 Sep 2021
US $ 4,950
This advanced level course will allow HR and training professionals to master the skills and techniques for developing both traditional training and eLearning courses and instructional design and development.
This includes creating more effective training materials, online learning resources, video, game and quizzes, plus course documentations. This means being able to increase the impact and quality of training, learning and its outcomes.
Participants on this programme will develop the following competencies:
- Learn the latest best-practices in training and eLearning design and development
- Keep up-to-date with the latest eLearning methods, design principles and delivery platforms
- The ability to develop quality material for use in facilitation, training and presentation
- Techniques and formats for developing training material – learning activities, games, exercises, examples and case studies, and eLearning
- Skills for the development of effective presentation material
- How to design and adapt material based around learner style and preference
- How to create ‘blended’ learning materials to develop cognitive domain abilities – thinking skills and knowledge awareness – combining the best of classroom training and online learning.
- Greater understanding of learning methods in the online and digital world
- An instructional design process and how / when to use it to create traditional or blended learning solutions
- How to set clear goals and design objectives when designing and developing training materials
- How to work out assessment criteria, standards and method for learning and training success
- How to structure and present written material for use in courses and workshops
- Creative design of learning activities, games, exercises, examples and case studies
- Skills for the development of effective presentation material, workbooks and manual
- How to create online or eLearning activities, presentation and other materials to match the style of the learner
- Greater understanding of eLearning and online learning methods in use today
- Criteria to use in deciding whether to hire a contractor, buy ready-made or make your own e-learning materials
- Creation and application of quality controls for testing and piloting of training materials
- Design, construction and use of valid and reliable assessments within training material design
- How to identify the most appropriate methods and media for effective training materials
- Creating the outline for a solution using a visual storyboard, creative brainstorming and other methods
- How to choose your preferred authoring tool and justify the choice
- Create a personal development plan based on the above skills
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This programme is designed specifically for those training, learning and HR professionals who seek new ideas, methods and proven techniques with regard to training material design, especially those involved in behavioural change. It will also help anyone who wishes to refresh and develop their knowledge and skills.
- Training and workshop facilitators
- Training and HR administration and course design assistants
- Technical staff who are involved in training design and delivery
- All staff involved in developing training course and learning materials at all levels and stages
Participants will learn from a clear explanation of training material development skills. This is achieved by active participation in discussions and experiential exercises. Group discussion is an important element in the programme, and delegates should be prepared to share their experience and their own stories with the rest of the group. We will use video clips and case histories to illustrate and illuminate the key points.
Delegates are encouraged to bring some real-life examples of current and past training course materials, presentations and workbooks for reference and application during the training. All delegates will be asked to make presentations to the group, and to commit to a personal development plan.
This programme covers essential skills and techniques in all stages of training and learning material design. This includes selecting and creating content, visual design, integrating learning and training exercises and test. The programme also covers production methods and online design tools and software. Online learning and blended learning solutions are also an important part of the programme. Examples used are taken from HR, technical, safety and management topics.
Day 1: Introduction to Training Content Design and Development
- Introduction, objectives and ways of working
- Types of training materials overview – facilitator, presentation, workbooks, self-study, learning activities, competency assessments, questionnaires, tests, case studies and more
- Best practice in training material design, structure and format
- Training & Development activities and organisational success models and examples
- Case study and learning assignment: Developing materials for different types of training
Day 2: Introduction to eLearning Principles and Practices
- Benefits and challenges of using eLearning in delivering learning success
- Designing and structuring training for the new generation – traditional and online learning methods
- How to write learning outcome objectives for a variety of courses – traditional and eLearning
- Case study and learning assignment: Developing facilitator materials for type types of training Tasks to develop of effective presentation materials, plus eLearning versions of the same training
Day 3: Learning Styles and Models applied to Training Material Development
- Review ofbest-practice in online training and eLearning design
- Examples of the latest eLearning methods, design principles and delivery platforms
- Learning and training based on personality and sensory preferences
- Self-assessment to learn your own preferences
- Examples of materials and eLearning for different learning styles
- The keys to effective training design and development based on psychology preferences
- Case studies and learning assignment: Cognitive domain materials design – blended learning examples
Day 4: Design of Learning and Training Materials for Interaction, Activity and Measurement
- Techniques and formats for developing training materials– learning activities, games, exercises, examples and case studies
- How to design and adapt material based around learner style and preference
- How to create materials and eLearning to develop cognitive domain abilities – thinking skills and knowledge awareness
- Case studies and learning assignments: Designing interactive learning assignments and materials
Day 5: Technical Aspects of Training Material Development
- Using competency measures and frameworks within your training and learning
- Setting standards for competency and measuring competent improvement – make TNA easier
- Measuring improvements after training – how to do it and the need to measure competence
- Case study and learning assignments: Performance-based training – the way to add value
Do you wish
on this course?
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars
Do you want to see
Visit our program finder
Want this Seminar for
Please let you know if you wish to conduct this seminar on an in-house basisGet a proposal
Employee Assistance Certification Commission (EACC), an autonomous credentialing body established by EAPA to maintain and administer all aspects of the CEAP® program, has approved this course for 25 professional Development Hours (PDHs).
The use of this logo is not an endorsement by EAPA of the quality of the course. It means that this course has met the EAPA’s criteria to the pre-approved for CEAP® certification or recertification PDHs.
This activity has been pre-approved by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI). Participants attending this training session are entitled to receive: 25 General Recertification Credit Hours.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit