A major portion of every organization’s operating cost is spent on outside goods and services. Based on this fact, executive management everywhere is determining that Procurement and Contracts must emerge as a core competency of all those involved in the acquisition of equipment, materials, and services if organizations are to lower operating cost and improve productivity. This programme is designed to explore many of the best practices in the three major phases of the contract life cycle: Pre-Contract, Contract Execution, and Post Award. Included in the vast number of topics that brings increased professionalism and high standards to these important activities are:
- Elements of a good procurement and competitive bidding process
- The strategic role of procurement and contracts
- Types of contracts & contract strategies
- Developing tender evaluation criteria
- Contract terms and conditions
- Evaluating pricing
- Negotiation preparation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Project, Contracts, and Procurement personnel
- Engineering, Operational, and Maintenance personnel
And all others who are involved in the planning, evaluation, preparation and management of tenders, specifications, awards, and contracts that cover the acquisition of materials, equipment, and services and who are in organizations whose leadership want high levels of competency in those involved in these activities
- Learn how to set and maintain high standards in procurement
- Be given the elements of good procurement process
- Develop methods of applying Total Cost of Ownership
- Learn methods of tender evaluation
- Review contract strategies
- See examples of important contract clauses
- Explore issue of successful contract administration
- Understand remedies in case of breach of contract and standard approaches to claims and dispute resolution
Participants will increase competencies through a variety of instructional methods including lecture by an experienced practitioner and consultant, exercises, cases, and group discussions covering current practices and their relationship to the implementation of new concepts.
This programme provides both strategic and practical insights into the 3 critical phases of Contract Management that are essential skill sets in developing and implementing the strategies required for continuous improvement.