An Intensive 5-day Training Course
FIDIC Contract Management and Administration:
Understanding and Using the FIDIC Conditions of Contract
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
FIDIC conditions of contracts are used in the industry internationally, it is the de facto standard. Whether you are consulting engineer, contractor or an employer, gaining knowledge in the FIDIC Red and Yellow book plays a vital role with the management and administration of works contracts.
This EuroMaTech FIDIC Contract Management and Administration training course is bench marking the official FIDIC Modules.
In this EuroMaTech training course you will learn how to:
- Understand the fundamentals of FIDIC contracts and contract documents
- Initiate and manage the FIDIC Contracts
- Administer the ongoing supervision of FIDIC contracts
A combination of lectures, discussions, exercises, and cooperative learning will be used. Active learning will focus on discussed based on trainee project scenarios related to the application of qualitative and quantitative methods that will facilitate decision making in contract management problems in both the local and international contexts and assessed through a standard structured response questions.
Day 1 - FIDIC Contracts
- Introduction to FIDIC
- FIDIC and Legal Systems
- Preparation of Conditions of Contract
- Which form to use?
- Responsibilities of the Main Parties
- Overview of the 2017 Contracts
Day 2 - Managing FIDIC Contracts
- Contract documents
- Award and Tender Security
- Conditions of Contract
- Definition of the Engineer
- Appoint of the Engineer
- Contractor’s Representative
- Works programme and cash flow
- Quality Assurance and Control
- Compliance with Local Law
- Contractor’s reports
Day 3 - Managing FIDIC Contracts (cont.…)
- Financial Control
- Bill of Quantities and Unit Prices
- Provisions Sums
- Variations & Variation Orders
- Valuation of Variations
- Measurement of Works
- Interim Payment & Certificates
- Monitoring and reporting Work progress
Day 4 - Claims, Disputes and Arbitration
- Claims and Claims Management
- Contractors and Employers Claims
- Limitation of Liabilities
- Dispute Resolution
- Dispute Adjudication Board
Day 5 - Ongoing Supervision of FIDIC Contracts
- Engineer’s Instructions
- Regular Progress Meetings
- Works Inspection, Testing and Acceptance
- Contractor’s slow progress
- Work suspensions
- Delays, Extension of Time for Completion
- Liquidated Damages and Bonus
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.