An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Contracting for Decision Makers
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
Making a decision to enter into any contractual agreement is important – but making the right decision is critical. Far too often, organizations tend to follow the same format and are hindered with internal bureaucratic systems. Whilst there is a need for systems and processes, these can often lead to a slow decision culture.
Traditional contract management methods have proven themselves insufficient and lack the flexibility required for large businesses. Unfortunately, there is a great lack of collaboration and too many departments continue to work in silos. This results in a lack of transparency, wasted staff resource and financial losses. By having a clear understanding of the contract lifecycle and the need to collaborate, will lead to better decision making.
By attending this dynamic EuroMaTech Contracting for Decision Makers training course, participants will learn how to combine contemporary contract management theory and existing best practices with a collaborative thinking mindset.
By improving the capability of individuals managing contracts and from having skilled contract management teams, organizations can achieve:
- Greater efficiency by having confident individuals in place to manage risk and complexity
- Better value through informed and timelier contract management decision-making
- Collaborative working relationships
- Quality services and satisfied service users
Upon completing the Contracting for Decision Makers training course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate what constitutes strategic analysis and decision making, and identify the role this plays in effective contract management
- Effectively use the tools, methodologies and analysis techniques that can be used to identify viable strategic options
- Identify different motivations of stakeholders and how they affect the business requirement
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of KPIs and SLAs, and take remedial action when ‘real-life’ does not match theory
- Use a continuous improvement approach to managing contracts, and reset parts of a contract when needed
- Adopt a risk mindset when dealing with risks and issues
- Understand what should be considered when deciding whether to trigger a dispute resolution process and how to prepare for the logical consequences
- Manage contractors effectively as contract expiry approaches, so that re- procurements can be undertaken efficiently, and the existing contractor understands fully and cooperates in the transfer of knowledge, staff and assets
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This intensive Contracting for Decision Makers training course is suitable for personnel from different job functions and industries who come into contact with, or manage relationships with, vendors, service suppliers and contractors, such as:
- Project Management
- Contract Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Commercial Management
Our programmes have been designed to be highly interactive, relevant and engaging. Participants will have the opportunity to directly collaborate and learn from colleagues in different industries and interact with subject matter experts to grow their knowledge base.
There is a significant emphasis on experiential learning and learning through others, rather than typical classroom-based lecturing or teaching. The exercises and role-plays are designed to emulate real-life situations. They provide participants a safe space to practice their new skills and techniques. Participants will also be given time to reflect with their peers and recognise what changes could be implemented to improve their personal style.
This EuroMaTech Contracting for Decision Makers Training Course is designed to help organisations achieve better outcomes and value for money through informed and more timely contract management decision-making. Specifically, it is geared towards a more collaborative thinking mindset for contract management professionals. This EuroMaTech training course builds upon breaking down internal barriers and goes on to explore the importance of building a team who understand the benefits of critical thinking and making informed decisions that deliver better result.
DAY 1 : Collaborative Contract Management for all teams
- The Importance of Collaboration in Contract Management
- How Collaboration Creates Value
- Breaking down Silos in the Contracting Process
- 6 Strategies for Breaking Down Silos
- Leveraging Collaborative Contract Management Processes and Tools using the RADAR Concept
DAY 2 : Collaborative Decision-Making
- Introduction to Decision Making
- General Decision-making Concepts
- Types of Decision Models
- The Decision-making Process
- Evidence Based Decision Making
DAY 3 : Risk and Decision Making
- Basic Guidelines for Contracts and Contract Risk Management
- Contract Risk and Reality: How to Create the Perfect Balance
- Why risk is important in decision making
- Allocation of Risks and Responsibilities
- Problem Solving and Accountability
DAY 4 : Critical and Strategic Thinking
- Definition and Importance of Critical Thinking
- Identifying Core Critical Thinking Skills
- Presenting Good Critical Thinking Questions
- Explaining and Applying Critical Thinking Tools
- Exercise: Critical Thinking Tools
DAY 5 : Conflict Management in Contracts
- Causes, Types, and Effects of Conflict
- Theories of Conflict Management
- Strategies for Managing and Resolving Conflict in Contracts
- Five Steps to Successful Conflict Resolution within a Contract
- Effectively Dealing with Difficult People
- The Importance of Collaboration
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.