In every organization, the basis of business activity is the creation, drafting, negotiation and management of contracts. Those involved in the contracting process are, rightly, required to act as contracts professionals, and can no longer afford to treat contracts as an adjunct to their main roles. The increasing complexity of contracts, particularly when used in an international context, has brought the need for such skills into sharp focus.
With these matters in mind, The 5-day Contract Professional MBA training course is designed to:
- Examine the basis of contracting, with particular reference to international contracts
- Explore the ways in which contracts are created, including competitive tendering
- Look at some of the issues in drafting contracts, including clarity of language
- Show how to prepare for and conduct negotiations, whether on the terms of the contract itself, or on claims arising after the contract has been created
- Review some major issues taking a contract through to close out