Did you know that approximately 85% of job success is based on “soft skills” while only 15% is based on technical knowledge? Whether you are interacting in the boardroom, online or abroad, effective soft skills will make the biggest impact in successfully building relationships.
First Impressions, Making an Impact and Achieving your Objectives are just three benefits from this dynamic training course. During the Mastering Business Etiquette & Protocol training course, participants will gain practical knowledge and advanced skills to help them prepare for key interactions with colleagues.
This EuroMaTech training course develops the concept of business etiquette and the proper etiquette practices for different business, work and social scenarios. Participants will learn the etiquette requirements for meeting, entertaining, telephone and internet business interaction scenarios. Additionally, the training course addresses etiquette challenges when doing business in a multi-cultural situation or meeting.
Participants on the Mastering Business Etiquette & Protocol training course will develop the following competencies:
- Social etiquette, manners and business protocol
- Professional conduct required in formal events
- Professional networking etiquette and the art of conversation
- Keys to international etiquette, manners and behaviours
- Communication etiquette; the invisible rules of telephone and written standards
- Advanced business etiquette and ethics
- Dealing with VIPs, suppliers, negotiation and difficult situations
Who Should Attend?
The Mastering Business Etiquette & Protocol training course is recommended for:
- Business leaders, senior executives and those involved in international affairs
- Departmental supervisors, internal consultants and human resources staff
- Project managers and technical professionals and engineers
Participants on EuroMaTech’s Mastering Business Etiquette & Protocol training course will:
- Gain advanced skills for gaining social, business and international exposure
- Learn principles of international business protocol and professional etiquette
- Understand how to behave correctly in both business and social situations including formal dinners, networking and online webinars, and social media.
- Learn how to establish an effective communication with different types of guests, from different counties and levels of management
- Demonstrate appropriate personal and professional conduct and follow both social and business rules
- Understand how to apply proper communication and professional etiquette at all levels and at all times
- Implement different variations in protocol and professional etiquette from different cultures, nations and regions
- Plan VIP visits and formal occasions while executing the role of the ideal host
- Learn International and Local variation in Business Etiquette & Protocol
- Apply the foundations of meetings and concerts official reception protocol
- Learn new communication and multi-cultural skills â€“ by telephone, online, email and face to face
The Mastering Business Etiquette & Protocol training course is designed to be interactive and participatory. The training includes various tools to enable the participants to operate effectively and efficiently in challenging, international and multifunctional environments.
This training course is built on four learning pillars: concept learning (lectures and presentations), role playing (group exercises), experience sharing (roundtable discussions) and exposure to real world problems and policy choices confronting delegates. High-quality video and visual presentation, the use of flip charts, syndicate exercises and peer review sessions will encourage a fully participative and enjoyable training event.
First impressions are often made within seven seconds of a meeting and are difficult if not impossible to change. This course helps you leave a great first impression and follow the unwritten rules of business and work communication.
EuroMaTech’s Mastering Business Etiquette & Protocol training course addresses how to deal with others in a business setting, taking into account differences in culture and region. This training course will give tips on how to apply proper manners and business etiquette in many different settings. Many diplomatic ‘incidents’ occur due to lack of understanding of various protocol standards. In this training course, we introduce the international rules of protocol that need to be implemented during formal occasions and visits.
Day 1 : Introduction to Social Etiquette, Everyday Manners and Business Protocol
- What is etiquette and why does it matter
- Etiquette knowledge self assessment
- Understanding etiquette: conventions in social behaviour and expected behaviour patterns
- Everyday manners, courtesy and common mistakes and rude behaviour
- Best practice behaviours for attending business meetings
- Ten principles of office etiquette and work protocols
- Guidelines for planning and chairing a meeting, event or seminar
- Before the meeting
- On the day of the meeting
- Chairing the meeting
- Following up on points and actions
- Internet usage in the workplace and Netiquette
Day 2 : Formal Events and Professional Conduct
- Behaviours, rules and etiquette for formal occasions and encounters
- Formal dinners and events: Etiquette, rules and protocol
- Dealing VIPâ€™s, visitors and hosting business events
- Professional networking; how to work a room and social etiquette in business conferences, external meetings and events
- Business meals basic and advanced table etiquette;
- Basics of Table Etiquette
- Holding & Resting Utensils
- Business Dining Etiquette
- Multi-cultural Highlights
- Specific Food Etiquette Guidelines
Day 3 : International Etiquette – Northern Cultures
- Test your international etiquette skills – Part 1
- Understanding and working professionally with North Americans
- The cultural differences and etiquette of dealing with Europeans
- Working with British colleagues, contacts and suppliers
- Cultural differences of Scandinavia, including Sweden and Denmark
- The Russian way, how to work with colleagues from the Soviet Union and near neighbours
Day 4 : International Etiquette – Southern and Eastern Cultures
- Test your international etiquette skills – Part 2
- Understanding and working professionally with India
- The cultural and legal differences and etiquette of dealing with China
- Working with African colleagues, contacts and suppliers
- Cultural differences of Japan and other Asian countries, including Korea and the Philippines
- Brazil and South American cultures and social mannerisms
Day 5 : Communication Etiquette and Work Ethics
- Guidelines for receptionists, security and service staff
- Making introductions, greeting people, shaking hands and other protocols
- Dealing with difficult people and situations and how to say no nicely
- Telephone communication best practice and etiquette
- Politeness in written communication and email etiquette
- How to handle customer service and supplier communication etiquette and common protocols
- Understanding the role of ethics in the workplace
- The challenge of diversity, inclusion and equality
- Action planning
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.