For any organisation to be successful it is essential that a contract management function is in place, with the right knowledge and skills to carry out procurement activities effectively. This requires one or more individuals who can create and manage the organisation’s relationships with vendors, service suppliers and contractors. Procurement is often carried out through Competitive Tendering. Partnering is a broad term used to describe a more collaborative approach between the parties in developing and operating a contract. Competitive tendering and partnering might therefore be considered as opposite ends of a procurement spectrum. Somewhere between these two extremes is the right approach for your organisation’s next purchasing activity.
This highly interactive EuroMaTech online training course explores and explains best practice approaches to Procurement, Tendering and Partnering. The participants will be able to apply the learning to their own organisation’s contract management practices. The outcome will be a better understanding of the essential facets of Procurement, Tendering and Partnering.
Participants on the Contracts Management: Procurement, Tendering and Partnering online training course will develop the following competencies:
- Understand the need for robust procurement processes
- Understand the format, content and value of inviting competitive tenders
- Understand the challenges and opportunities of partnering
Who Should Attend?
This intensive Contracts Management: Procurement, Tendering and Partnering online training course is suitable for personnel from different job functions and industries who come into contact with, or manage relationships with, vendors, service suppliers and contractors, such as:
- Project Management
- Contract Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Commercial Management
This EuroMaTech training seminar is also beneficial for all others who are involved in the planning, evaluation, preparation and management of invitations to tender, writing specifications, scopes of work and other statements of requirement, handling contract award, and contracts that cover the acquisition of materials, equipment, works and services.
After attending the Contracts Management: Procurement, Tendering and Partnering online training course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the What, Why, When, How, Where and Who of engagement and management of vendors, service suppliers and contractors
- Demonstrate their knowledge about how to transfer risk through different contract types
- Discuss the key elements of the Procurement Process
- Define partnering and explore the challenges and opportunities of partnering approaches
- Explore the format, content and value of competitive procurement
This EuroMaTech online training course on Contracts Management: Procurement, Tendering and Partnering will combine a variety of instructional methods including exercises and role playing, and group discussions covering current issues that participants face in managing any stage of the procurement and contract management cycle.
The Contracts Management Procurement, Tendering and Partnering training seminar is designed to increase the awareness and competencies of all those contributing to the acquisition process for equipment, materials, works and services to ensure cost, quality, and delivery improvements are achieved with minimal disputes. This EuroMaTech online training course builds upon traditional competitive procurement activities and goes on to explore aspects of the risk and opportunities of “strategic alliances” or “partnering”.
Day 1 : Planning for Best Results
- The role and value of Contract Management
- Commercial, financial and technical aspects of a Contracting Strategy
- Competitive or collaborative strategic choices in procurement
- How are Strategic Alliances / Partnering arrangements different from traditional contracting methods
- Building Trust and Loyalty – Critical Steps in developing Partnering arrangements
Day 2 : Contract Formation and Management
- The key elements of a Competitive Tendering Process
- Delivering the contract’s objectives in Scope, Cost, Time and Quality
- An assessment of different contract types including partnering
- Using contract strategies to manage supplier risk
- The value of a contract management plan
Day 3 : Important Elements of a Contract
- How should the contract be structured?
- How to create a well-written specification / scope of work
- Contract terms and conditions
- Key clauses every contract manager should know
- Using industry standard form contracts to achieve good outcomes
Day 4 : Bidder Selection, Tender Evaluation and Negotiations
- Sourcing the Bidders – ensuring value and a decision audit trail
- Developing evaluation criteria – aligned with your required outcomes
- Tips on ensuring an efficient – and effective – tendering process
- Managing the contract award
- Developing and using negotiation skills – key points to consider
Day 5 : Managing the Performance of the Contract and Next Steps
- The Criticality Of Good Contract Administration
- Managing Contract Changes – effectively
- Handling contract claims and disputes
- Review and Summary
- Programme highlights and final observations
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.