Managers and professionals involved in the contracting process need to be effective and efficient in applying contract management principles and practices. Without the necessary knowledge and skills, they won’t obtain the best results from contractors, service providers, vendors and other business partners with whom their organisation is doing business. The process of contracting out is fraught with difficulties, that will trip up the untrained or inexperienced staff member.
This EuroMaTech online training course will give those staff the foundations to manage third-party contractors effectively after the contract award has been made – whether in the field of construction, the supply of equipment and materials, or in the delivery of services.
Participants attending the EuroMaTech Online Contracts Management Principles and Practices training course will develop the following competencies:
- Learn what can go wrong when managing a supplier contract – and how it can damage their business
- Identify – and prepare for - risks that lie ahead in a contracting situation
- Increase their control of contract performance from the very start – before the contract is signed
- Practice how to motivate a supplier, and learn a range of techniques to use to improve his results
- Consider what to do if things go wrong – including stepping in, substitution, terminating and dispute resolution.
Who should attend?
This EuroMaTech online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Contracts Engineers
- Contracts Administration Professionals
- Contract Analysts
- Contract Team Leaders and Administrators
- Procurement executives and other department members
- Tender Committee co-ordinators
- Anyone involved in running competitive procurement activities
- Commercial Contracts professionals
- Project Managers and Coordinators
- Specifiers and Buyers
- Service Delivery Professionals
- Anyone who manages contracts with contractors, external suppliers, customers or commercial partners
This Contracts Management Principles and Practices online training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Provide better outcomes from contracts, after the award has been made
- Monitor contract performance
- Know how to analyse contract obligations and risks
- Prepare for contract claims and disputes
- Negotiate and Control variations to contract
- Manage contract default, and consider remedies including termination
The Contracts Management Principles and Practices online training course will be delivered Online to ensure maximum access to the materials being presented. The course will be lively, participative and interactive: The online platform enables group discussions in breakout rooms, screen sharing of materials by the instructor and participants, online chat sessions and many other online techniques. Delegates will have the opportunity to see and communicate with the instructor and the other delegates. This online training course will make use of a variety of e-Learning tools, including include online tests and exercises, case studies, group discussions and presentations plus Q&A. Participants will receive personal feedback on their performance. The learning experience will be supported by reference materials containing model documents and templates.
The 3-day online Contracts Management Principles and Practices training course covers the needs of managers and professionals who wish to learn how to carry out or improve their skills in Contract Management. By applying what they learn during this online training course, attendees will ensure that contracts are efficiently and effectively performed, with risks reduced, better relationships established, and the results delivered that were sought from their contracts at the outset.
Day 1: Why do we need to manage Contracts and Contractors?
- What is Effective Contract Management and why do we need it?
- The causes and effects of contract failure
- Analysis of the Contract requirements
- Defining the Job to be done – specifications and the scope of work
- Identifying and managing contract risks affecting time, cost and quality
- Responses to risk
- Contract Types and how they manage risk
Day 2: Making sure what has been contracted for gets delivered
- Building a contractual relationship for supplier performance
- Motivational techniques – carrots and sticks
- Contractor warranties
- Monitoring service performance
- Service Level Agreements
- Tools and techniques for contract default
Day 3: Contract Management and Administration
- Managing the financial impact of contract variation
- Cost and Price analysis methods
- Negotiation techniques for improving value for money
- Handling contractor claims
- Operating the liquidated damages clause
- Preventing or resolving disputes
- Contract administration tasks from award to close out
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.