An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Water Chemistry for Thermal Power Station Plant Chemist
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This EuroMaTech training course is designed to provide participants with a detailed and up-to-date overview of industrial water treatment, steam generation, water chemistry and testing. It covers an overview of chemistry fundamentals that will help the participants to understand the general chemistry of elements and compounds most common to a steam generating system. We discusses some of the unique properties of water and its natural chemistry.
It covers technology and water treatment concepts; the pre-treatment for control of scale and treatment for inhibition of microbiological growth in the water; the closed loop water treatment for corrosion prevention; the ion exchange resins, ion exchange for DM water preparation, softening and dealkalizers; the decarbonators and degassifiers; the condensate polishing and two-bed demineralization; and the BFW water-oxygen removal, dearation and chemical scavenging.
The training course provides as much practical information as possible regarding the core areas of steam generation chemistry. Include new information regarding steam generation chemistry, makeup water techniques, and boiler water chemistry to give the participants an overview of trends within these areas. For instance, coordinated/congruent phosphate boiler water treatment is losing ground to other programs; reverse osmosis has grabbed a big share of the makeup water treatment market, and steam chemistry guidelines keep tightening as researchers learn more about the effects of steam contaminants on turbine components. Steam generation personnel need to stay abreast of these developments.
Participants attending the Water Chemistry for Thermal power station plant training course will develop the following competencies:
- Understand the general chemistry of elements and compounds most common to a steam generating system
- Get the basic knowledge of technology and water treatment
- Get the basic knowledge on steam generation chemistry issues, including external treatment of makeup water to remove contaminants, the effects of contaminants on steam generation chemistry, internal chemical treatment programs, sampling and monitoring of water/steam chemistry
This Water Chemistry for Thermal power station plant training course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Discuss water chemistry, technology and water treatment concepts
- Describe ion exchange resins and apply ion exchange for DM water preparation including softening and dealkalizers
- Differentiate decarbonators and degassifiers as well as illustrate condensate polishing and two-bed demineralization
- Employ BFW water-oxygen removal that include treatment for dearation and chemical scavenging
- Identify major equipment’s and their functions, apply water quality control and evaluate water samples
- Get the basic knowledge on steam generation chemistry issues
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech Water Chemistry for Thermal power station plant training course is designed specifically for those professionals who are utility engineers, water treatment engineers, chemists, boiler plant engineers, designers responsible for plant utilities It will also help anyone who wishes to refresh and develop their team leadership and management skills.
- Power plant Engineers (new and experienced)
- Laboratory technicians and chemists
- Process unit supervisors
- Boiler plant operators,
- Designers responsible for plant utilities
This EuroMaTech training course will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video materials, activities and case studies, with a view to enhance learning and achieve optimum training outcome.
The Water Chemistry for Thermal power station plant training course covers essential skills such as industrial water treatment, steam generation, water chemistry and testing.
Day 1 - Introduction to Steam Generation Water Chemistry Systems
- Condensate feed water chemistry
- Condensate/Feed water System Construction Materials
- Condensate Chemistry Dissolved Oxygen
- Chemical Control of Dissolved Oxygen
- Feed water Chemistry Guidelines
- Condensate Polishing and Treatment of Condensate Return to Industrial Boilers
Boiler Water Chemistry
- Drum-Type Boiler Design
- Once-Through Steam Generation
- Boiler Water Contamination
- Boiler Water Treatment Programs
Day 2 - Steam Chemistry
- Primary Carryover Products
- Mechanical Carryover 88
- Vaporous Carryover 90
- Solids Introduction by Contaminated Attemperator Water
- Water Chemistry Limits to Prevent Steam Contamination by Carryover
- Boiler Water Chemistry Guidelines for Control of Steam Chemistry
Day 3 - High-purity Makeup Water Treatment
- High-Purity Makeup Treatment Methods
- Regeneration and Co-Current/Counter current Systems
- Demineralizer Performance Calculations
- System Design Calculations
- Mixed-Bed Polishing
- Monitoring Performance of Ion Exchanger Vessels
- Demineralizer Component Fundamentals
- Reverse Osmosis
- Electrodialysis and Electrodialysis Reversal
Day 4 - Cooling Water Chemistry
- Cooling Systems
- Cooling Towers
- Closed Cooling Systems
- Cooling Water Corrosion, Scale, and Deposit Mechanisms
- Corrosion Inhibitors
- Scale Control
Day 5 - Sampling
- The Need for Sampling
- Sample Point Selection
- Cogeneration/Combined-Cycle/Industrial Plant Sampling
- Techniques to Obtain Representative Samples
- Method of analysis-instruments
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.