An Intensive 5-day Training Course
Powerful Tools to Ensure Strategy Focus and Alignment to Drive Success
- Format: Classroom, Live/Online
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
- Accredited: IIBA Approved Training Courses, CPE, KHDA Certified training courses
This EuroMaTech training course on Strategy Analysis provides a practical framework and powerful analytical tools to understand your organisation’s strategy.
Strategy defines the most effective way to apply the organisation’s capabilities to reach a desired set of goals and objectives. Strategies may exist for the entire enterprise, for a division, department or region, and for a product, service or project.
This EuroMaTech training course gives you a method and tools to identify your most significant strategic issues then concentrate all your policies, plans and actions on them. The results of using these tools are clear identification and definition of solutions to meet business needs and the justification of the investment necessary to deliver them. In this training course, you will learn how to understand the current state of the organisation, to define the desired future state, develop a change strategy to achieve the desired outcomes and assess the risks inherent in the change strategy.
- Understand the principles of strategy analysis
- Understand strategic positioning using the Business Motivation Model
- Align potential solutions and project initiatives with strategic goals
- Apply relevant enterprise architecture concepts
- Identify and define business needs
- Assess capability gaps
- Move an initiative from inception to project charter
- Identify strategic risks
- Analyse solution feasibility
- Define solution scope
- Develop business cases
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech training course is designed for:
- Strategic Business Analysts
- Business Systems Analysts
- Strategic Advisors
- Business Experts
- Executive Managers
- Enterprise Architects
- Project Leaders
Current, proven analysis methods and techniques are explained through short, focused presentations which are followed by practical sessions to put the theory into practice. In these sessions, the knowledge gained is applied to real-world examples and case studies. Rapid learning of the methods and techniques is achieved by means of group work, case studies, exercises, participant discussion, facilitator interaction and constructive feedback.
This EuroMaTech Strategy Analysis training course provides a contextual framework to evaluate how certain or uncertain the range of possible outcomes is. When a change has a predictable outcome, a clear strategy can be planned. If the outcome of a change is less predictable, the strategy may need to take the form of a vision and focus on mitigating risk, testing assumptions, and being open to changing course. As a result, analysts taking this training course will feel confident in dealing with both predictable and unpredictable business environments.
Day 1 : Introduction to Strategy Analysis
- Understand the purpose, power and value of strategy analysis
- Understanding business strategy and the business model
- Identifying business needs (problems and opportunities)
- The role of organisational structure and culture
- The strategy analysis process
Day 2 : Analyse the Current State
- Organisation capabilities, processes, technology, infrastructure and policies
- Analysing external influencers
- Essential problem-solving techniques
- Understanding Business Architecture
- Analyse current state
Day 3 : Future State Analysis
- Business goals and objectives
- Developing a solution scope
- Identify constraints
- Identify assumptions
- Evaluate potential value
Day 4 : Assess Risks
- Dealing with unknowns
- Constraints, assumptions and dependencies
- Evaluate and quantify risk to calculate negative impact to value
- Risk tolerance
- Recommend courses of action
Day 5 : Define Change Strategy
- Define solution scope
- Conduct gap analysis
- Assess organisational readiness
- Develop change strategy
- Transition states and release planning
Euromatech is a Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved training institute in Dubai, licensed and approved to deliver training courses in the UAE.
The KHDA is the regulatory authority in the UAE, that oversees administering, approving, supervising, and controlling the activities of various education providers in the UAE. We are proud of our commitment to ensuring quality training courses and status as a KHDA-approved training provider.
Taught by our team of highly qualified trainers, our KHDA approved training courses will provide you with an enriching learning experience and practical knowledge that will help you future-proof your career and support professional development within your organisation.