An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Aboveground Storage Tank Inspector (API 653)
Internal & External Inspection for Reliability & Environmental Impact
- Format: Classroom
- Duration: 5 days
- Language: English
Aboveground Storage Tanks (ASTs) are used for storage of petroleum products prior to use, while being used, or prior to further distribution in commerce. These tanks cannot be commissioned for the storage of petroleum products unless its material and construction are inspected to be compatible with the products to be stored and conditions of storage such as pressure and temperature. Also, storage tank installation must be engineered or updated in accordance with good engineering practices to avoid discharges.
EuroMaTech’s highly interactive Aboveground Storage Tank Inspector (API 653) training course will help professionals working in refineries and petrochemical plants to enhance their functional technical skills. The knowledge gained in the training course will enable them to evaluate the integrity of existing equipment and quantify the remaining life in operation after carrying out appropriate cost-effective repair options. This will enhance their overall technical effectiveness regarding improved plant reliability and safety of operation with positive environmental impact. The training course will basically cover API recommended Body of Knowledge for API-653, Aboveground Storage Tank Inspector Certification Examination and will therefore also serve as a good preparation material for taking and passing that examination successfully.
Participants attending the Aboveground Storage Tank Inspector (API 653) training course will develop the following competencies:
- Full confidence in performing various inspection activities
- Enhanced job effectiveness regarding equipment repairs & alterations
- Improving the plant technical reliability and environmental safety
- Help your technical team find good solutions in complex operational situations
- Organization of effective inspection teams with clear roles and responsibilities
- Preparation of participants for taking API 653 Certification Examination