Effective project teams don’t happen by chance. A combination of the right players, clear goals, processes and efficient management helps a project team to reach high performance. In organisational culture, a progressive, proactive project management style is essential. Every project team member must be committed to do what they say they will do.
This EuroMaTech training course combines a creative, organized approach and will provide participants with the skills, tools, knowledge and motivation to participate back in the work place, adding high value contributions to any project team or work package. In this programme, participants will:
- Complete preference tests for teams
- Apply team set up techniques
- Design team rules
- Examine conflict resolution options
- Use creative thinking techniques
- Examine project closure practices to target the project learning
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This EuroMaTech training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals and will greatly benefit:
- Anyone involved working in a project team, as a leader or team member
- Project Professionals, Cost Estimators, Engineers, Designers and Project Office Staff
- Understand the difference between projects and normal business operations
- Understand project roles and responsibilities
- Understand the characteristics of a successful team
- Develop awareness of “team player preferences”
- Understand the principles of project leadership
- Understand the importance of communication in teams
- Identify conflict and apply resolution techniques
- Apply planning tools in project planning sessions
- Participate in risk project planning sessions
- Utilise creative thinking techniques
- Know how to behave in a project team
- Give feedback to team members
- Participate in lessons learned activities
The Working Effectively in Project Teams training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. It will explore the methodology through interactive speaker input, video, case studies and practical exercises.
Even if not in a leadership role yet, this EuroMaTech training course will give the participants a detailed knowledge on the subject of project teamwork enabling their contributions to be more effective and give them that extra edge. Critical to this success, is the understanding that all team efforts are directed towards the same clear project goals and providing excellent communication to the team. This may cause conflict, but working effectively only happens if an environment of trust is created, support is given to win / win approaches, and that people respect each other.
Team leaders and members alike should know the different personality types that make up a team in order to allow for balance, recognising that no two people are the same in any team. In addition, being able to identify and utilise preferences and strengths, whilst compensating for weaknesses, is essential. The aim within the project team is to create human synergy such that the overall team performance is greater than the individual contributions.
Day1 : Project & Teams
- What is a Project?
- What is an Effective Team?
- The Project Lifecycle
- Team Development Over Time
- Project Roles
- Qualities of an effective Team Member
- Team Player Styles
Day 2 : Forming a Project Team and Building for Success
- Belbin and Successful Project Teams
- Staff Selection and Acquisition
- Cross-Functional Project Team Approach
- Communicating with the Team
- Leading Project Team Meetings
Day 3 : Storming in the Project Team – Managing Conflict
- Authority is earned
- What is conflict?
- Types of conflict
- Managing conflict
- Dealing with the non-compliant team members
- Risk management and participating as a team member
Day 4 : Planning and Developing a Project Team
- Planning with team members
- Help the team get the most out of working together
- Left brain right brain
- Creativity and creative thinking techniques
- Reaching consensus, leveraging the power of project team collaboration
- Introduction to lean projects
- Work starts
Day 5 : Achieving High Performance
- Good Team vs. Brilliant Team
- Inspiring your Team
- Working with Virtual Teams
- Team Reporting
- Coaching and Delegating
- Giving Feedback to Individuals and the Team
EuroMaTech has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
Participants attending this training session are entitled to claim corresponding PMI Professional Development Units (PDUs) / Contact Hours.
The PMI logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.